Friday, August 19, 2011

Another 50:50 Fringe Festival Doubleheader for Billi Pod

Good morning everyone out there in the vastness of cyberspace.


Yesterday’s Fringe Festival doubleheader was yet another break-even entertainment day/evening for Billi Pod as revealed by the following report cards (remember the grading system: G for Good; B for Bad: and ? for “I have no f**king clue”) ...


THE MISS TEEN JESUS PAGEANT==>B<==in every aspect it was barf inducing. Acting, story line and staging all sophomoric, and that is being kind.


BOOKS ON TAPE==>G<==brilliant writing and acting. Very thought-provoking. Sold out performance. By far the best I have seen and I have only one more Festival show on my schedule.


Had about 90 minutes to kill between the shows, so Billi Pod spent it again on a walk-and-wander in The East Village. With the far east location of one of the theaters factored in, I estimate that I walked about 3 1/2 miles altogether. Not bad.

When I got back to PHC I watched the remainder of the YANKEES/MINNESOTA game with our ace CC Sabathia on the mound. CC had a much better outing than his last two starts and the Bronx Bombers won 8-4.


Phil Hughes will be get the start tonight.


Billi Pod has yet another entertainment doubleheader for today, this time a bit different ...


2:00==>CIRQUE du SOLEIL: Zarkana @ Radio City Music Hall - “A beautifully bizarre journey into a fantastical and suspenseful world where highly-acrobatic feats are heightened by original live music and interactive multimedia elements.” (complimentary ticket)


This show has gotten rather mediocre reviews but there was no way I could pass up on a comp. ticket. I am confident many of my theater buddies will also be in attendance.


Then ... tonight is ...



7:30==>THE TALLS - “The Clarke family is dealing with some very tall problems as 17-year-old Isabelle negotiates Catholicism, politics and virginity in the 1970's. A comic drama about coming of age when life's lessons come in all sizes.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket).


This show has received mixed reviews but most of my theater buddies have liked it ... so ...


Oh, can you believe it==>in the past 12 months Billi Pod Blogs has received 14,220 page views. I think this is amazing ...


But, it is up to you to decide because, as you know ... I report - you decide.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: