Sunday, August 21, 2011

41 Flights Of Stairs & An Awesome Drama Quadri-header!!

Good morning everyone! Billi Pod is happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers that yesterday’s drama quadri-header was awesome! Yeah, I know ... there is that word again ... awesome ... and a new word ... quadri-header ... so ... I know you are all wondering what I mean, so ... let’s begin with the first part of yesterday’s four-headed drama ...


My afternoon show was at 2:00 and it was playing at a theater next door to my apartment building. I have a mental clock for shows being performed in venues on my block ... I will leave PHC 30 minutes before curtain time. Plenty of time to pick up my ticket etc etc.


So ... at 1:30 I locked the door to PHC and went to the elevator and punched the down button (there ain’t no “up” button) and waited and waited and waited ... nothing from the 2 regular elevators and 1 service elevator. 10+ minutes passed ... WTF!! Something was wrong. Damn, I also discovered I didn’t have the front desk number programmed into my iPhone. WTF!!


What to do? Should I continue waiting? What? The clock was ticking ... Billi Pod took a deep breath and decided to walk down the 41 flights of stairs. So, down he went ... damn ... 41 stories is a lot ... don’t remember if I have ever walked down this many flights before ...


Along the way I was joined by other tenants. We were all pissed. It took about 8 minutes to reach the lobby. Surprisingly my legs/knees didn’t feel bad. Hummmmmmm ... 41 flights of stairs ... 77 years old ... sounds like ... maybe ... Super-Hero ... anyway ...


Had a brief conversation with the guy on duty at the front desk. He said the freight elevator was in use moving someone in and that the computer on the other two elevators had malfunctioned. Help was on the way.


Raced over to the theater, picked up my ticket and settled into my seat 5 minutes before curtain time. Whew!!


Now, Billi Pod’s report card on his second drama ...


THE PRETTY TRAP==>A<==acting spot-on. Story line a harbinger of things to come in Tennessee Williams’ career. Did you know that he wrote over 70 one-act plays, many of which were later turned into well-known full length plays?


When the show was over I scrapped any notion of a walk-and-wander afternoon and came back to PHC. All three elevators were operational. Whew!! Just chilled until it was time for my third drama event.


The third drama was also in a theater next door to my building.


EINSTEIN AND MILEVA==>A<==again terrific acting. Learned probably more than I wanted/needed to know about a young Albert Einstein. Question==>why does it seem like 95% of all geniuses are assholes in real life?


This show is really interesting and worth seeing. It runs through September 3rd.

And now the fourth drama, which was ... tada ...


AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi, tanking after only 1 2/3 innings against The Twins, giving up 7 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks. Loser Boi barked “bullshit” as Girardi pulled him from the game.


When he got to the dugout he went immediately into the clubhouse rather than remain in the dugout until the inning was over, as mandated by one of baseball’s unwritten rules. Girardi went into the clubhouse and brought him back.


Now, the real drama/bullshit ... in interviews after the game both Girardi and Loser Boi said that the press was wrong, that there was/is no problem between them and that the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.


To which Billi Pod says==>Bullshit!!


Man, when will management have the balls to admit that Loser Boi needs to be sent away ... far far away. Yes, Billi Pod still thinks Loser Boi is on the Boston FuckSox payroll.


Anyway ... I think you loyal and faithful readers will agree that it was an interesting day for Billi Pod in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


Today is my final Fringe Festival show ...

2:15==>THE YEAST - “From the writers of Urinetown! In 3,000,458,000 B.C., the first creatures ever-- the yeasts-- discover a force called ‘love,’ changing the course of history. A hilarious Greek tragedy/Shakespearean drama/rock musical where everyone's named Jan ("yahn").” (Fringe Festival - full price ticket)


This really sounds like fun, doesn’t it.


Not sure what I will do this evening. May just chill because after my afternoon show Billi Pod will have seen/attended 11 entertainment events in the past 7 days. He might just need a bit of downtime ... who knows ... we will see ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: