Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yes, Billi Pod Is Back From “Out There”

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers out there in the vast hinterlands.


I am happy to report that Billi Pod made his trip to “out there” i.e. the outer-outer borough of Brooklyn, to visit Ben Sears and Justin Pifer in their new pad, without any problems.


Actually, in all seriousness, the trip out was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I arrived at their building in Bushwick exactly one hour from the time I walked out of my apartment on West 42nd Street, and, remember, this was on a Saturday when the subways are running on a much slower schedule.


Their bright and nicely furnished apartment is in a modernistic, newly refurbished building, which has all of the usual amenities - roof deck, security, laundry room, swimming pool, gym, etc.


We had a lot of “catching up” to do since it had been awhile since we had face time. I am pleased to report that both of these guys are very happy with what is going on in their lives, work-wise and personal, at the present time. Hooray!!


We went on a tour of the Bushwick area in Ben’s car and then into the more trendy Williamsburg area where we had an awesome late lunch/early dinner at Juliette, a very trendy restaurant.


I was back in PHC around 6:00pm, in plenty of time to get ready for my evening show.


So ... Ben and Justin ... it was great being with you guys. Love your new apartment!! Thanks for letting me continue to be a part of your lives.

Now, Billi Pod’s report card on ...


PLAY NICE==>F<==an incomprehensible piece of theatrical dreck. Hated it. The 95 minute running time was akin to being in purgatory. You are hereby officially warned. Stay away, far far away!!


Today is another entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod --


2:00==>HOW TO FOLD A MAP? “An eclectic smorgasbord of depraved fun from the earth to the moon, with 55 characters and 20 stories.” (Off-Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket).


I am rather confident this will fall into the “loved it or hated it” category, with no middle ground.


Then tonight is --


8:30==>MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall - With the New York City Chamber Orchestra - performing Leavitt’s (who?) Requiem, plus additional works, including Haydn’s Mass. (complimentary ticket).


I think this will be a nice way to end the weekend.


Well, my loyal and faithful readers, before closing this posting I want to summarize what Billi Pod has already scheduled for the next 2 weeks, beginning with today:


Broadway shows - 4 (Priscilla Queen of the Desert; The Book or Mormon; The Motherf**ker with the Hat; and, Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo)


Off-Broadway shows - 8


Classical music concerts - 5


Not bad, not bad at all and again it supports my decision to live in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: