Monday, March 21, 2011

Blah Errands Monday In The Big Apple.

It is a rainy, nasty, cold errands day in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. And, at 9:30am we actually had some snow flurries. Enough already with this cold weather.


I am delaying heading out to work on my errands list in order to bring you loyal and faithful readers out there in the backwoods and vast hinterlands up-to-date on yesterday’s awesome double header. Yes, and I have to add in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, that many of you take every opportunity you can to remind me of how warm and nice it is “out there.” Yes, I get it ... North==>cold. South==>warm.


Oh well ... this is Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday’s great doubleheader --


MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall==>A<==another terrific concert with talented younger performers.


My seat was awesome, in one of the boxes in the first tier, with a face value of $89.00, for which I paid $9.00. The box seats 8 people. Seated in front of me was Dad, Granddad and Grandma, whose son/grandson, 15yo Alex, was playing french horn with The Long Island Youth Orchestra. We struck up a conversation. Dad is a lawyer.


Needless-to-say they were very excited, but in the excitement they had forgotten to bring their camera, but no problemo ... Billi Pod and his trusty and beloved iPhone came to their rescue. I took several pictures, including this one outside of Carnegie Hall after the concert. And, I even remembered to email them the pics when I got back to PHC from my evening show.


After the concert I had about 3 hours to kill before my 7:00pm show. I had already made up my mind not to come back to PHC. I walked over to The Museum of Modern Art (which closes at 5:30pm on Sunday, dammit) and spent an hour there and then found a coffee shop and had coffee and something sweet. Actually, the time went by pretty fast.


Then it was time for --


THE DREAM OF THE BURNING BOY==>B+<==a kinda grim story line. Excellent acting. A worth-see.


At the theater I met up with my theater buddy Dian Crystal, and her friend, and we had a nice visit before the show.

When I got back to PHC, around 9:00pm, I had such a good feeling about another great day in The Big Apple.


And, it was a terrific week--


Broadway shows - 3

Off Broadway shows - 4

Classical music concerts - 3

21st AA birthday


Can’t get much better than that, can it?


As some of you loyal and faithful readers know, for record keeping purposes Billi Pod’s week runs from Monday to Sunday. Yeah, I know. I have to make my own calendars, but what the Hell, have been doing it this way for at least 30 years.


Tonight’s entertainment event is --


8:00==>THE 5th ANNUAL BROADWAY BEAUTY PAGEANT @ Symphony Space - 5 of Broadway's hottest men compete for the title of Mr. Broadway by showing their best in: talent; interview; and, the ever-popular swimsuit.” (Off-Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


Yes, this is something different to start off the week.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: