Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Billi Pod Has A Big Entertainment Event Tonight

First, Billi Pod is happy to report that last night’s MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Avery Fisher Hall concert was an excellent evening of classical music.


My comp. seat was in the second tier with a full view of the stage. The first half of the program was 3 out-of-town high school ensembles and each one did a terrific job. Boy ... the thrill of being in high school and playing in Avery Fisher Hall, home of the New York Philharmonic ... I can only imagine how it must feel.


The second half of the program was Wilberg’s “Requiem Mass” performed by The New York City Chamber Orchestra with the 150+ member Masterworks Festival Chorus.


It was beautifully moving and just what Billi Pod really needed as a break from last week’s intense theater dramas.

Oh, in response to several inquiries ... Yes, I did play a musical instrument, the clarinet.


I began playing when I was in junior high school, the seventh grade


I was first chair/solo clarinet in the Summerlin Institute Band my freshmen, sophomore, and junior years and was also Band President my junior year.


I had to leave the band in my senior year when I got into a physical altercation with the Band Director, Howard “The Asshole” Stivers.


But, that is in the past ... I mean ... burn in Hell you c**t ... I mean ... it has been years and years ... may your soul be eternally damned to roast in flaming lava ... I mean ... oh what the Hell ... damn you to Hell ... I mean ... oh, I guess it is time to forgive and forget and move on, right?


Soooooooooo ... anyway ... Billi Pod has a big entertainment event scheduled for this evening ...


8:00==>CATCH ME IF YOU CAN - “Based on the beloved film, this Broadway musical follows the unlikely adventures of a young man who creates an astonishing array of identities, as he is relentlessly pursued by a straight-arrow FBI agent.” (Broadway - discounted ticket)


This show is in late previews and the buzz so far has been very favorable.


After the show I will meet up with Scott Reed, Justin Pifer and, hopefully, the show’s musical director, John McDaniel, for a late dinner at Joe Allen.


I am happy to report that HOW TO SUCCEED AT BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING opened on Sunday evening to generally very favorable reviews. Yes, some were negative but the majority were very good and almost everyone gave Daniel Radcliffe a thumbs-up.


ALMOST BREAKING NEWS==>I have some interesting news to share with you just a little bit later about the recovery and AA blog posting of March 18th. Something rather amazing occurred, so stay tuned ...


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

1 comment:

rap said...

Read your stream of consciousness about "The Asshole" bank director to my husband--we laughed and laughed and laughed. That's after I had laughed until tears rolled down b/4 he even got home. Naturally. he had to tell me about his "record to this day" of call-downs from then Choctaw band director James Leonard. What boys go thru and live to tell about. R