Monday, March 14, 2011

It’s Monday In The Big Apple

Good afternoon everyone out there in the backwoods and hinterlands.


On this errands day in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, it is cloudy and still cold. It was a mere 38º when I woke up at 8:30am this morning.


I am so happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers that yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader was excellent, so here are Billi Pod’s report cards on the individual events --


HOW TO FOLD A MAP?==>A<==very funny. Great cast. I didn’t know until I got to the venue that this was the last performance. The house was sold-out and the audience was very much into the show. I am glad that I was able to see it and I left with a smile on my face.


MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall==>A<==featured choral groups from all over, including Florida.


My comp. seat was excellent, in the orchestra, 7 rows from the stage, house left, four seats from the aisle, with a face value of ... gasp ... $79.00.


Seated to my right was a very nice lady, from Sebastian, FL, which is on the east coast of the state. Her daughter, who is a high school senior, was in the chorus. Needless-to-say, Mom was very excited and that added to my enjoyment of the evening, which was a great way to end what was an excellent weekend.

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is another classical music concert, this one at Avery Fisher Hall @ Lincoln Center --


8:00==>DISTINGUISHED CONCERTS - SOUTHERN WINDS @ Avery Fisher Hall -“features bands and wind ensembles from the South.” (complimentary ticket).


OK, everyone, I still have things and stuff to do today, so ...


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: