Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday in The Big Apple.

Good afternoon all of you loyal and faithful readers. It is a beautiful afternoon in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


Thanks so much for the emails, texts and postings in response to my earlier AA birthday posting. They all meant so very much to me. Thank you!!


I just got back from my AA meeting over on the Eastside. On my AA birthday I always try to attend what is known as a Beginner’s Meeting, which is geared toward people who are just starting down their own road to recovery. I think it is important for me to be reminded of how difficult those early days of sobriety can be, to insure that I do not become complacent in my own program of recovery. This meeting did just that.


Now on to other things and stuff, like my report card on last night’s MARIE AND BRUCE==>C<==Had no clue about what was happening on stage. I just didn’t get it, nor did the people seated around me. A major disappointment for Billi Pod. It was 1:45 without intermission.


But, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to reveal that Billi Pod was a whore again. What do I mean you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, the playwright, Wallace Shawn, was seated 3 rows in front of me. When the show was over he was right next to me as we were leaving the theater. We made eye-contact and I said ... “nice work, I really enjoyed it” ... and he nodded and broadly smiled. Yes, Billi Pod was a whore and he admits it.


Tonight is a major entertainment event -


8:00==>THE BOOK OF MORMON - “Two mismatched young Mormon missionaries are sent off to spread the word in a dangerous part of Uganda." (Broadway - discounted ticket).


This is from Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park. It is in previews and the advanced buzz has been very very favorable. Really looking forward to it.


Only 13 more days until the Yankees Opening Day game against The Tigers and Billi Pod can hardly wait.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: