Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Is Another Awesome Doubleheader

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers.


Today will be an awesome (damn, I am using awesome way too much lately) Broadway entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod.


But first, Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s THE MILK TRAIN DOESN’T STOP HERE ANYMORE==>B<==I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would, due mainly to the terrific performance by Olympia Dukakis. I also now understand why it is one of Tennessee Williams’ least performed plays - it gets a bit tedious and unbelievable in parts. Still, I am glad I saw it.


Now about today’s awesome Broadway doubleheader --


2:30==>MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET - “Is inspired by the famed recording session that brought together rock 'n' roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time. On December 4, 1956, these four young musicians gathered in Memphis for what would be one of the greatest jam sessions ever." (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


I have been wanting to see this show, so when it showed up on TDF I immediately booked it. It has received mixed reviews, mainly because so many of the so-called “theater-elite” hate jukebox musicals and it is, of course, a jukebox musical.


Then, tonight I have ...


8:00==>HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING - “Daniel Radcliffe stars as J. Pierrepont Finch, a young window washer who begins a meteoric rise from the mail room to Vice President of Advertising at the World-Wide Wicket Company, where his unorthodox and morally questionable business practices jeopardize not only his career but also his romance with Secretary Rosemary Pilkington.” (Broadway - discounted ticket)


This show is in previews and the advance buzz is highly favorable, especially regarding Radcliffe and his costar John Larroquette. I have a feeling that once it opens it will become a very hot ticket, so I am so happy that I will be seeing it with a discounted ticket, located in the orchestra. Ah yes ...


Yesterday I also booked another Broadway show in previews==>WONDERLAND, details in a later posting.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: