Monday, March 7, 2011

Good Monday Morning From The Big Apple

Good morning everyone. I hope your weekend was awesome. Let’s get started with report cards on Billi Pod’s Sunday doubleheader --


BRIDGE BOY==>B<==again a great cast saved the day. It was mega-dysfunctional family members interacting, screaming, cussing and crying.


Yeah, I know, I have only myself to blame but I thought it was to be more comedic than dramatic. The very small venue was sold-out.


When the show was over it had begun to lightly rain and it continued to rain for the rest of the afternoon and evening.


I seriously considered skipping my 8:00 show, which I could have done without any problem since I had a “paid-for” ticket, but I didn’t, so ...


THE WORD: A House Party For Jesus==>C<==pretty much a disappointment. Cliché-ridden but somewhat saved by giving the audience free bowls of vegetarian chili.


Before the show had a nice conversation with a late 20s guy who was born in Manhattan, earned a BA from NYU, but ... had recently graduated from ... gasp ... the University of Alabama law school. We exchanged Gator/Tide barbs. He has just started a 2 year job Clerking for a Federal District Court Judge in Manhattan.


It was mega-nasty weather wise after the show. Raining and very very windy. Barf!!


Monday is the usual errands day and then tonight --

8:00==>ORATORIO SOCIETY OF NEW YORK @ Carnegie Hall -“French Choral Masterworks by Saint-Saëns, Debussy and Poulenc.” (complimentary ticket).


OMG!! In checking my daily log I find that between now through March 23rd the only open date I have without some entertainment event is this coming Saturday, March 12th, and that “vacancy” won’t last long. WOW!!


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: