Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wednesday's Doubleheader Report Card

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers out there in the backwoods and vast hinterlands.


It is another overcast and cold day in The Big Apple - 31ยบ at 8:00am. It lightly snowed overnight but there is no accumulation except on the rooftops, but the forecast for the next several days is==>more of the same. Barf!!


Billi Pod did not allow the nasty weather yesterday to detract from an excellent entertainment doubleheader, so here are his report cards --


WONDERLAND==>B<==great sets and staging. This is still in early previews, it doesn’t open until April 17th, so I have overlooked some of its shortcomings, which I am sure will be fixed by then. The show didn’t blow me away but I will none-the-less recommend it for a family outing.


THE STAVANGER SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA OF NORWAY @ Carnegie Hall==>A<==what a wonderful evening of classical music - Vivaldi, Bach, Haydn and Mozart.


My comp. ticket was in the dress circle, which is the third tier, and it was very good.


What a terrific way to end my Wednesday doubleheader. Oh, it was lightly snowing during my trip back to PHC.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...

8:00==>TOMORROW MORNING - “In this new musical two couples are separated by time, yet bound together by the uncertainty of what the next morning holds, and by the ultimately redeeming power of love.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).


This show is playing at The York Theatre in the basement of the Citicorp Building on the Eastside, one of my favorite venues. I am a financial supporter of this theater group and the Artistic Director, James Morgan, is one of my FaceBook friends.


Yes, folks out there, I know that this conflicts with the Gator basketball game against BYU, but I scheduled it before the Gators made it to the Sweet Sixteen. I should be back in PHC in time for the final 5 minutes of the game, so ...


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: