Thursday, April 17, 2014

WELCOME HOME FINLEY CAROLINE FALLETTA


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, FINLEY CAROLINE FALLETTA came into this World at Columbia, SC, at approximately 4:30pm on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, weighing in at 7 lbs, 13 oz.
She was healthy and happy to be joining her parents Alex and Gina Falletta and her older sister Saylor, and adoring relatives from both sides of her family.
Her arrival made your favorite blogger a great-grandfather for the second time. I am so proud and happy.
I am also happy to report that this morning she and her mother are doing fine and that Gina expects to leave the hospital on Friday.

Gina went into the hospital during the early morning hours on Wednesday and Alex kept us all informed via mass texts. I also received updates via cellphone calls from my daughter, Kathi Bendeck, and her husband, Dr. John.

As many of you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, my entertainment plans for the evening were to head out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, for the second game of the day/night YANKEES/CUBS doubleheader.

Well, as the afternoon wore on it suddenly dawned on me that there was no f**king way that I wanted to receive word that I had become a great-grandfather again while sitting in a baseball stadium, or even worse, miss it altogether because I was on the subway etc. So, I was able to sell my ticket (at a substantial discount) on StubHub.

This was an excellent decision, trust me on this ... it was.

The Yankees swept the doubleheader, winning 3-0 and 2-0.

My daily walking mileage was basically accumulated by my walking regimen between half-innings during both games of the doubleheader. Good mileage, but ... man ... talk about boring ...

At the moment I am weighing several options for tonight’s entertainment event and will probably delay the final decision until later in the afternoon.
In Closing==>WELCOME HOME FINLEY CAROLINE FALLETTA ... WE LOVE YOU!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.51  miles (or, 7,690 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>361.32 miles (average 3.41 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: