Sunday, April 13, 2014

Billi Pod Is Back!!


Sunday==>A delayed report from your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Lot’s of good stuff to share starting with the news that I have almost returned to my “normal” Big Apple lifestyle. Yep, I felt much much better when I woke up this morning at 8:00am

That major positive was multiplied by the arrival of what I think was the best weather of 2014. Yes, during the morning it was in the mid 60s and then into the afternoon it rose to the mid 70s ... ‘bout time.

At noon I met up with my longtime friends Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Meske, located on West 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

We were joined by Marty’s friend Robert, who is a writer. This was Robert’s first venture into the world of Ethiopian food. In the picture it is, left to right, Marty, Dian, Robert
We all ordered the same thing, as usual, The Vegetarian Platter, and it was great, as usual.
This was the first time in a while that the three of us had been together so we had a lot of much needed/wanted catching up to do.

It felt very good for me, too, because it was my first face-to-face interaction with real people in 4 days.

When we were finished stuffing ourselves we split. Dian headed uptown to Lincoln Center for her Broadway show, ACT ONE, and Marty and Robert headed over to The Theater District for their Broadway show, Harvey Fierstein’s CASA VALENTINA.

I had nothing scheduled but the weather was much too nice to even consider returning to PHC (even though I had not fulfilled my obligation to you loyal and faithful readers and followers) so ...

I embarked on a much needed walk and wander session.

John Scott Reed aka Fabson is presently in the process of relocating into, of all places, my ‘hood. He is moving into a modern high-rise apartment building on West 37th Street which is technically in Hell’s Kitchen, which includes roughly the area between 34th Street and 59th Street, from 8th Avenue to the Hudson River.

I walked past his building, checked it out, and then spent some time walking through a local Flea Market.

It was around 3:00pm when I opened the door to the apartment and I was a bit sweaty and that felt nice, it really did.

Sat down on the couch with a nice glass of ice cold water and ... the next thing I remember is ...  a sharp pain in my neck, the result of falling asleep on the couch for almost 2-hours. 

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers, these are the reasons this posting is delayed.

My plans for tonight are to remain in the comfortable confines of PHC for the final game of the 4-game YANKEES/BOSTON FUCKSOX series out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, carried on ESPN beginning at 8:05pm. We lead the series 2-1.

On the mound for The Bronx Bombers will be Ivan Nova (1-1) vs. Felix Doubront (1-1) for the slimy FuckSox.

As you sports fans already know, yesterday The Bronx Bombers won 7-4 on the long ball, 5 HR’s, including 2 from our new catcher Brian McCann. We kicked butt!!

Moving on ... briefly ...

I am happy to report that I will be returning to my "normal" (wait ... Billi Pod "normal"???) entertainment schedule next week, starting the week with a benefit concert on Monday, an Off Broadway show on Tuesday and the YANKEES/CUBS game out at The Stadium on Wednesday ...

YES==>BILLI POD IS BACK!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.26  miles (or, 4,949 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>346.07 miles (average 3.39 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: