Saturday, April 12, 2014

Another Update from Sniffle, Sneeze and Drip Land



Saturday==>The news from Sniffle, Sneeze and Drip Land is only marginally better.

Yes, I did feel somewhat better when I woke up this morning at 8:00am, but ... dammit ... according to the local papers a “pollen vortex” (their words, not mine) is forecast for the weekend.

Oh well ...

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, I stayed in the pleasant confines of PHC last night to watch game 2 of the 4-game YANKEES/FUCKSOX series from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

On the mound for The Bronx Bombers was our titular ace CC Sabathia. He was given a 2-run lead going into the top of the 6th inning, and then he just imploded, giving up 4-runs, including 2 HRs. 

The Wankie bats went dead from that point forward and we lost 4-2.

The outcome did nothing to improve my mood, that is for certain. At least I wasn't physically present at The Stadium, which had been my original plan.

These are the headlines in today’s papers ...

“ACE OF FLUBS! CC implodes in 6th as Yanks fall to Bosox.”
back page of The New York Post

“DEEP SIXED. CC cruises through 5 innings, but gets Socked in 6th as Yankees fall to Boston.”
back page of The Daily News

This afternoon at 1:05pm is game 3 of the series. On the mound for The Bronx Bombers will be Hiroki Kuroda (1-1) vs. John Lackey (2-0) for The FuckSox.

Moving on ...

Unless something of very high interest shows up at a theater in my immediate Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood I will probably stay-in again tonight.

Tomorrow at noon, assuming I feel like going out, I will meet up with my friends Dian Crystal aka My Lady, Marty Kosarik aka Whatever and his friend Robert, for lunch at our favorite Ethiopian Restaurant, Meske, on West 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

Keep your fingers crossed for me because I REALLY need to get out and about.

Man, what a boring and blah posting ... sorry ‘bout ‘dat.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.23  miles (or, 2,690 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>343.81 miles (average 3.40 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: