Monday, April 21, 2014

Thank You Michael and Dennis/Carnegie Hall Concert/Birthday Plans


Monday==>Yesterday was a wonderful day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

The highlight was, of course, Easter Dinner with my dear friends Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman, and 11 of our mutual friends, at their Chelsea apartment. I got to the apartment around 5:45pm and left at 10:00pm.

As expected, the food was awesome and the ongoing conversations basically involving the entertainment industry/scene were really interesting and educational for me.

Yeah, I left with a full stomach and a big smile on my face.

So==>Thank you Michael and Dennis for including me on your guest-list.

The other positive for the day was the exciting YANKEES/RAYS game from that junkyard known as Tropicana Field. The Yankees won 5-1 in 12-innings, splitting the 4-game series 2-2.

The Bronx Bombers have today off and then begin a 3-game series against The Boston FuckSox at that fetid cesspool known as Fenway Park.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is a classical music concert ...

8:00==>MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS & NYC CHAMBER ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall - The program is:
Vaughn Williams - “Dona Nobis Pacem” and other choral classics (concert - complimentary ticket)

Billi Pod is really in the mood for some classical music.

Now ... as promised in yesterday’s posting ... some details ...

As most of you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, on Wednesday, April 23rd, your favorite blogger will celebrate the big Eight O, yeah ... he will be 80-years old. Totally unbelievable.

Here are his plans for this momentous occasion ...

On Tuesday night I have given Billi Pod a full-price ticket to the special New York Philharmonic concert called “A Night with Gershwin and Bernstein.”

Then, for the “big” day on Wednesday, I plan to do some serious walking, weather permitting, logging in at least 8-miles. In the morning I will walk up to 82nd Street and back, a distance of 4-miles. 

I have given Billi Pod an expensive full-price orchestra area ticket to the matinee performance of Les Miserables, one of his all-time favorite musicals.

When the show is over I will then walk from the theater East all the way to The East River and then back to my apartment on West 42nd Street and 9th Avenue. This total distance will be a little over 4-miles.

Unless something really spectacular shows up on one of my ticket services my plans for evening are to stay in the cozy confines of PHC to watch the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game. When the game is over I will grill an Allen Brothers steak on my George Forman grill and wash it down with my favorite libation - Fresca.

So, everyone, please cross your collective fingers that the weather will be favorable.

In closing ... as you know, today is Monday, meaning ... it is my errands and chores day ... so ... time to post this and get started ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.12  miles (or, 9,003 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>24.47 miles (average 3.50 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2014==>374.57  miles (average 3.41 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: