Saturday, November 30, 2013

BROADWAY CLASSICS CONCERT==>EXCELLENT



Saturday==>Your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, is happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that last night’s concert at Carnegie Hall ...

BROADWAY CLASSICS, with the New York City Chamber Orchestra, the Manhattan Chorale, and soloists Cheyenne Jackson, Phillip Boykin, Julia Bullock, and Carolee Carmello, was==>EXCELLENT!

The 90 minute, without intermission, show included works from: Candide, Guys and Dolls, Kiss Me, Kate, West Side Story, Les Miserables, Porgy and Bess, and others.

Each of the soloist did terrific jobs and the orchestra, chorale and dancers were wonderful. The full-house audience gave the performers a well-deserved standing ovation at the conclusion of the concert

Yes, it was a totally enjoyable evening, made even better because: (1) my seat was in the parquet (orchestra) section, row N, in the middle - a perfect location; and (2) I ran into my friend Daniel Nickle before the show and we had time for a nice conversation etc etc.

Yeah, I left Carnegie Hall with a big smile on my face. Of course, it was way too cold and windy to even consider walking back to the apartment.

Moving on ...

OK ... the countdown to kickoff for the noon GATOR/HALF ASS U game on ESPN has begun and I can already feel my gag-reflex getting into position. I am a true Gator fan so I will watch all of this “game” from the warm and cozy confines of PHC.

I just hope and pray that we won’t be totally embarrassed on national tv.

As you know, the Semiholes are favored by 27.5 points ... BARF!!

As I posted yesterday, my plans for today and tonight is to become a total 110% couch potato, watching college football all day and all evening.

I will watch ‘Bama/Auburn @ 3:30pm, pulling for The Crimson Tide because my son Bill III aka The Bill is a huge ‘Bama fan and also because Billi Pod hates Tigers.

Then for the evening will be Texas A&M/Missouri @ 7:45pm, pulling for The Aggies because I like Johnny Manziel aka Johnny Football and, again, because Billi Pod hates Tigers.

OK ... it is getting close to game time ... so ... will post this ... and ... whatever ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.01 miles (or, 6,582 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>517.69 miles (average 3.41 miles per day)

GO GATORS==>FIRE COACH MUSKRAT!!!!! 

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: