Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Billi Pod Takes A Day Off


Tuesday==>Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace. 

Yes, your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, didn’t post yesterday but he has a sorta legitimate excuse, the details of which he will now share with you ...

At 9:15am on Monday Billi Pod had a "routine" appointment with his Urologist, Dr. Erik Goluboff, who is now associated with Beth Israel Medical Center at Union Square. The appointment included the usual Digital Rectal Examination (DRE). Yepper, it was time again for the old “finger-up-the-butt” exam. The picture pretty much sums it up.

I am happy and, as usual, relieved to report that everything is “fine” up there - the PSA test result was normal and the DRE - “everything OK.” Whew!!

I have been seeing Dr. Goluboff every six months since 2006. Based on the results of this appointment he told me that the next one could be in nine months so my next appointment is July 14, 2014.

I also needed to see my Cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, for the every two month “routine” finger-prick to monitor my coumadin (blood thinner) level, so ... I subwayed up to his office located on East 61st Street. His office is just about as far East as you can go in Manhattan.

The results were normal, as usual. I also needed to get my annual flu shot, which I did. Hey, everyone 50 and over==>GET YOUR FLU SHOT NOW!!

When I got back to the warm and cozy confines of my apartment, PHC, on West 42nd Street, it was noon and I had already clocked in 3.35 miles on my WeightWatchers Pedometer. I have to admit feeling just a bit tired and also kinda blah.

I went online to check email and to check the shows on my various ticket services.

WTF? There was an email from one of my services informing me that my membership had been canceled because I had failed to pick up my ticket for a show on Saturday afternoon. You will, of course, remember that I had previously posted about the screw up. WTF???

I won’t bore you with the details other than to say I had an exchange of emails with the service and I am happy to report that my membership has been reinstated. Whew!!

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, the cumulative effects of all of the above was that I just didn’t feel like doing anything for the remainder of the day/evening ... so ... I took a nap and then basically just chilled for the rest of the day/evening. Yeah, I felt kinda blah and I just didn’t feel like sitting down in front of this ‘puter and writing ... so ... I’m sorry ... please forgive me ... because ...

I report - you decide!

I am very happy to report that this morning I feel fine and am back in my groove, so ... let’s move on ... 

I haven’t reported on Sunday’s entertainment event ...

THE LAST OF THE KNOTTS, about Doug who endures a childhood of severe abuse by his alcoholic father, a Florida Circuit Judge obsessed with his own legacy, so to spite his father he declares he will be the Last Of The Knotts==>F

The only good thing about this show is that its running time is only 60 minutes. It is playing at the Huron Club in the basement of the SoHo Playhouse, on Vandam Street. I would estimate that there were 15 people in the audience, 4 of which got up and walked out in the middle of the show. I should have, too.

This was another one of those ... “the fact that I am a fucking loser piece of dog shit is totally the fault of my father” ... shift the blame tirades.

Doug is a 67 year old wrinkly douche bag, former hippie. The story line is lame and the “acting” is amateurish. I can’t understand how this mind-fuck received the reported awards in California.

After I had booked this show I sent the press blurb to my dear friend Polly Mounts of West Palm Beach, where Doug lived, and she responded with this about his father, Judge James Knott ...

“I can't believe anything like that about Judge Knott.  He was highly respected. He wrote a special section of the paper every Sunday detailing local history. I think Marvin was greatly inspired by him.  Local joke was: "Judge knott that ye be knott judged"...”

I think we are all fortunate that this douche hasn’t spread his defective genes any further. Thank God he is The Last Knott.

Billi Pod says==>you are hereby warned.

The show has two more performance dates, November 24th and December 8th.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is:
Strauss - Also spaach Zarathustra:
Strauss - Don Juan; and,
Rouse (who??) - Oboe Concerto
(subscription series)

I am definitely in need of a classical music fix.

Since I gave myself yesterday off I have tons and tons of things that need to be done today, include the weekly trip to the grocery store to take advantage of the additional 5% senior discount ... so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.70  miles (or, 8,093 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>23.95 miles (average 3.42 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>474.43 miles (average 3.41 miles per day)

GO GATORS==>FIRE COACH MUSKRAT!!!!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”








No comments: