Monday, November 4, 2013

RICHARD VETERE EXPLAINS THE WORLD ==>A-


MONDAY==>It is a bright and cold Back-To-Work Monday here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. 

At 9:30am the temperature is 38º, with wind chill it is down to 32º. The projected high will only reach 46º.

Since today is my usual errands and chores day I will be out and about, but will dress warmly. One quirk in my life-style ... at the beginning of the fall/winter I usually under-dress, then, when spring begins I usually over-dress. Go figure.

I guess it is time to get out the thermal underwear, gloves and heavy jacket.

Anyway ... let’s get today’s blog started with Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday’s entertainment event ...

RICHARD VETERE EXPLAINS THE WORLD ... 10 MINUTES AT A TIME, 5 short plays on the contemporary and future World==>A-

The show is very thought-provoking and well performed by an ensemble cast, with the actors playing multiple roles.

It is playing in a very small venue, New Perspectives Studio, at 458 West 37th Street, and the audience is very close to the actors.

The running time is about 70 minutes, without intermission, and it runs Thursday-Sunday through November 17th.

Billi Pod says==>if you like intriguing story lines in an intimate venue, then see this show.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is another classical music concert ...

8:00==>THE CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is:
Beethoven: Grosse Fuge and Mass in C major; and,
Messiaen: Trois petites liturgies de la Présence Divine
(complimentary ticket)

Even though this morning my “cold-symptoms” are gone ... I probably will not walk back to the apartment after the concert.

Oh ... I was pretty surprised with the number of favorable comments and texts my The Florida Taters==>Peeled, Baked and Mashed!! posting received. I honestly thought it would piss a lot of people off.

As a reward to my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I will post later today or early tomorrow Billi Pod’s entertainment stats for October 2013. No need to applaud ... you are very welcome.

Now, it is time to begin working on my to-do list ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.83 miles (or, 3,999 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>23.59 miles (average 3.37 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>430.55 miles (average 3.42 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!  

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: