Tuesday, November 5, 2013

THE CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA==>EXCELLENT!



Tuesday==>Yeah, I know ... I posted earlier today, but, my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace ... you know that the earlier posting was all about my awesome entertainment stats for October 2013, not about what is going on currently in the life of your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... so ...

Let’s get started with Billi Pod’s thoughts and comments on last night’s classical music concert ...

THE CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall, was==>EXCELLENT.

The opening piece, Messiaen: "Trois petites liturgies de la PrĂ©sence Divine," didn’t turn me on and it got a rather lukewarm response from the audience.

The highlight of the evening was the final number, Beethoven’s Mass in C major, which was performed with 4 soloist and a 125+ chorus. Beautiful!

Yes, it was a very enjoyable evening, made even better by meeting up with my dear friends Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman. They actually were seated directly behind me. My comp seat was great, in the orchestra section, house right about 3/4s back from the stage.

Moving on ...

I am happy to report that this evening I am finally going to have some face time with John Scott Reed aka Fabson. Hooray!!

He will come over to PHC after his day at Facebook NY is over. We will do some much needed/wanted catching-up and then we will have a bite somewhere in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood. 

I think Scott’s roommate, Bernard Lam, will be able to join us for dinner and that will be nice.

Moving on ...

It is somewhat warmer today, in the low 50s @ 1:30pm.

Well ... time to post this and then head over to The Food Emporium for my weekly grocery shopping, taking advantage of the additional 5% senior discount.

Will close this with another awesome picture of my darling great-granddaughter, Saylor Falletta.


Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.82 miles (or, 8,361 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>434.37 miles (average 3.42 miles per day)

GO GATORS!!  

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: