Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yes, Billi Pod Made It To 79 years And 7.9 Miles==>AWESOME!!


Wednesday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger survived yesterday’s 79th birthday celebration/events but was, unfortunately, unable to post here. Sorry ‘bout that.

So ... let’s get started with your update.

I am happy to report that I did successfully complete my planned 7.9 mile birthday walk around the outer perimeter of Central Park and here are the details ...

I left the warm and cozy confines of PHC on West 42nd Street @ 11:15am and walked up 8th Avenue to 59th Street, the Southwest corner of Central Park. It was only 43º and very windy, with a light misting rain.

Walked North along the Park up to 110th Street, then East on 110th to 5th Avenue, then South on 5th back to 59th Street, then West on 59th back to my original starting point. I reached the magical 7.9 miles about 1/2 way along 59th Street. YES!!

I was back at the starting point at 2:45pm and the mileage was 8.30 miles. Yeah ... AWESOME ... but ... I have to admit that I felt a bit tired, so I decided to subway back to the apartment.

When I got back to PHC I immediately took a hot soaking bath and my legs felt fine. Worked on responding to some of the emails, texts, calls and posts, had the usual fruit and cheese plate, and then it was time to walk up to 49th Street for my evening's entertainment event, the smash Broadway musical ...

THE BOOK OF MORMON, the gleefully obscene and subversive satirical musical about two mismatched Mormon missionaries in Uganda==>A+

A totally enjoyable, smile-inducing, gasp-worthy performance by a stellar cast.

As I had earlier posted, I had seen this show in very early previews and loved it back then ... well ... I loved it again and it was a terrific way to end my AWESOME day.

Walked back to PHC and was able to catch the final inning of the YANKEES/RAYS game, which the Bronx Bombers won 4-3. YES!!!

Didn’t feel like grilling a steak, so, instead I had some pizza and wings.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to admit that Billi Pod was really physically and emotionally drained when he finally crashed at the usual 2:00am.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, there you have it, now ... lets move on to today, which is another entertainment doubleheader.

First is an Off Broadway show ... 

2:00==>THE MADRID - “A mother cold-bloodily runs away from her family in this hilarious and heartbreaking story about motherhood, freedom, and trying to see the people in your family as they really are.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Edie Falco stars in this world premiere playing at the Manhattan Theatre Club on West 55th Street. It has received mixed reviews.

Then, for the evening is a classical music concert @ Lincoln Center ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is: 
Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 2 (performed by Emanuel Ax); and,
Bruckner - Symphony No. 3
(concert - subscription series)

I am a huge fan of Emanuel Ax so I am totally looking forward to this concert.

The Yankees play game 3 of their series with The Rays @ 7:05pm down in the dung-heap known as Tropicana Field. Andy Pettitte (3-0) will be on the mound for The Bombers vs. Alex Cobb (2-1) for The Rays.

In closing ... yesterday’s total mileage of 11.01 miles was one of the highest since I began recording it back in July 2012 ... AWESOME!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>11.01 miles (or, 24,067 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,398.12 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: