Saturday, April 6, 2013

Billi Pod’s Activity Report for March 2013



It is now time for me to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers Billi Pod’s entertainment stats for the month of March 2013 ... so ... here they come ... get ready ... take a deep breath everyone ... tada ... here they are in all of their awesomeness, despite a month plagued with a lot of nasty-ass weather ...

In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries - but then you know that by now, don’t you?) I find that during March 2013 your favorite blogger attended/saw/did the following:

4 Broadway shows (Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike; Orphans; The Big Knife; and, Hands On A Hardbody); 28 Off Broadway shows; and, 10 classical music concerts. 

During the month there were 13 entertainment doubleheaders and, yes, that is the correct number - I double-checked it.

The major highlights of the month were: celebrating my 23rd year of continuous sobriety on March 18th; renewing my lease on PHC for an additional 2 years, through June 1, 2015; and, having an awesome Easter Dinner with my friends Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman and our friends, down in Chelsea. 

During the month Billi Pod walked a total of 107.00 miles (234,009 steps) for an average of 3.45 miles per day, as recorded on his trusty WeightWatchers Pedometer.

The walking mileage is substantially down from prior months, due to the nasty-ass weather and, honestly, because I reached the 1,079 mile mark on January 26th.

Through March 31st the total mileage since the Birthday Walking Challenge began on July 1, 2012, was 1,294.98 miles (2,832,121 steps) for an average of 4.73 miles per day.

I had face-time with Marty Kosarik, individually, and as part of Dian Crystal’s aka My Lady posse and, of course, with My Lady, Dian Crystal.

I was also able to schedule some facetime with Scott Reed aka Fabson and his boyfriend Bernard Lam.

Was also with some of my AA buddies (you know who you are) on two different occasions and that was good ... let's keep on keeping on guys!

I posted daily on my FaceBook Timeline and 33 times on this blog website.

Billi Pod Blogs had 4,507 page views during the month, bringing the total for the past 12 months to 28,127.

The major negative for the month was the passing of Louise Coker of Lakeland, FL. Louise was the wife of my longtime friend P.B. “Bud” Coker who died in February. Her grandkids Hac Coker and Sarah Coker remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Another major downer was the barf-inducing performance of my Gators against Michigan in the NCAA basketball tournament. Nothing more need be said in this regard.

Moving on ... 

And ... finally ... an amazing stat in its own right==>during the month there was not a single occasion when Billi Pod stayed in the warm and cozy confines of PHC without attending some entertainment event during either the day or the evening. This means Billi Pod attended/saw/did some entertainment event at least once a day on every single day of the month. TOTALLY AMAZING!!

So there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I humbly think that it ain’t bad for a 78yr old (soon to be 79) guy ... but ... it is up to you loyal and faithful readers and followers to determine because ...

I report - you decide.

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: