Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SAME TIME, NEXT YEAR==>B


Wednesday==>it is still cold up here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World - 34º @ 8:30am. Damn!! At least it is bright and sunny. Billi Pod is more than tired of the cold weather. When will it finally warm up? When??

Oh well ... let’s get started this morning with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show, the staged concert reading of the 1975 musical ...

SAME TIME, NEXT YEAR, about a married couple’s affair that takes place once a year from 1951 until 1975==>B

Decent acting saved the plodding story line. The score is just so-so. I understand why it never appeared on Broadway. Still, it was a decent evening’s entertainment, also helped by the theatre location (on my block) and a comp. ticket.

Today’s entertainment event is something that certainly sounds a bit “different” ...

2:00==>KAFKA’S MONKEY - “A reluctantly civilized ape, dressed in white tie, tails and a bowler hat, addresses a group of distinguished scientists who have asked to hear about his prior life.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This one-person show is playing at the Baryshniknov Arts Center on West 37th Street.

Then for the evening ... I will stay in the warm and cozy confines of PHC to watch ...

7:05pm==>YANKEES vs. BOSTON FUCKSOX @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

It will be Hiroki Kuroda (16-11) on the mound for the Bronx Bombers vs. Clay Buchholtz (11-8) for the other team.

The Yankees also play The FuckSox tomorrow night and my plans are to again stay in to watch the game. Yeah, I know ... but remember my loyal and faithful readers and followers, in my prior mindset I would have purchased extra tickets for both games. This year I just saved the $180.

Interesting coincidence ... on Friday night I have a ticket to a Carnegie Hall concert featuring the Boston Symphony Orchestra, meaning that I will be “Boston Involved” for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Yeah ... I know ... very scary.

So ... on that scary note will post this and, hopefully, finish up my now overdue errands and chores.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.54  miles (or, 3,370 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,301.67 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: