Monday, April 29, 2013

Thank You Dian & Marty


Monday==>A huge THANK YOU to Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Numnutz for my final 79th Birthday party yesterday. It went down like this ...

They arrived at PHC @ 5:30pm and Dian immediately ordered me to get ready to leave the apartment. I noted that when they came inside they only had a couple of small bags with them. 

Marty ordered pizza for us from a place in my immediate ‘hood, gave me the money and basically shoved me out of the door.

When I got back this was the door to the apartment ...


When I went inside I was greeted with balloons, hats, cupcakes and ... gasp ... an incredible 79-can Fresca pyramid.


Marty had ordered the seven 12-can Fresca cases from the local Food Emporium. Wow!!


We had pizza, then dessert, which was to-die-for cupcakes and Ben & Jerry’s Frozen Yogurt. AWESOME!!

When we finished I then signed the papers that Marty had brought. Frankly, I had forgotten that I had asked him to bring whatever they were. He just pointed to the place for me to sign and told me to sign it ... and I, of course, did.

As I finished I remember Dian saying ... “well, we are your family now ... so long Florida and South Carolina.” Still not sure what she meant by that.

I was also somewhat surprised at how quickly they left after I signed whatever it was ... oh well ... 

Food, fun, friendship and a 79-can Fresca pyramid ... it just doesn’t get any better than this.

THANK YOU DIAN AND MARTY!!

Moving on ... 

The Yankees swept the 4-game series with Toronto by winning yesterday’s game 3-2 on a 2-run homer from Lyle Overbay off of R.A. Dickey. Nice!

Tonight I will head out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, for the 7:05pm game against  Houston. This will be the third game of my 12-game partial season ticket package. The weather is very iffy.

Andy Pettitte (3-1) will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Lucas Harrell (2-2) for The Texans. 

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger has plenty of errands and chores to do today ... so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.09 miles (or, 4,583 steps)

Total mileage for week==>33.31 miles (average 4.76 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,414.66 miles (average 4.69 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: