Friday, April 5, 2013

Billi Pod Is A Doofus


 Friday==>OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger has to admit, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, that yesterday he earned the title of Doofus.

What am I talking about I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves? Well ... selves ... this is what I am talking about ...

In yesterday’s posting I made a point of saying that there was “no f**king way” I was going to follow my original plans of staying in for the evening to watch game #3 of the YANKEE/FUCKSOX series. Instead I reported that I had booked a concert by the New Amsterdam Symphony Orchestra @ Symphony Space, one of my favorite venues. I had a discounted $9.00 TDF ticket.

The concert starting time was 7:30pm and the game starting time was 7:05pm. When I booked the concert I admit to having some deep-seated mixed feelings ... but book it I did.

As the afternoon wore on I began to feel unsettled about my decision ... I mean ... Andy Pettitte pitching vs. those scum bags from Boston ... WTF was I thinking??? But ... I had a ticket ... so ...

I showered and got dressed and @ 6:30pm was ready to head uptown to 96th Street when ... OMFG ...my inner Yankee fan suddenly took total control over my mind and body.

Yep ... I decided to skip the concert and stay in to watch the game. Of course the thought did occur to me ... “what if the FuckSox blow us away in the early innings, then what?”

Well, as you loyal and faithful readers and followers know ... it was an exciting game. Andy Pettitte, who turns 41 in June, pitched 8 strong innings, holding the FuckSox to 1-run on 8-hits. We scored our runs on a crucial hit from Lyle Overbay (who was earlier released by Boston) and the long ball from Gardner and Cervelli.

In the top of the 9th in came our closer, the legendary Mariano Rivera, to a standing ovation as Metallica’s “Enter Sandman.” blared. Mo was a bit shaky but still got the save and The Bronx Bombers won 4-2, for our first win of the season.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I admit to being a Doofus in scheduling the concert, when I basically knew in my inner self that I would, in all likelihood, skip it to watch the game.

This afternoon @ 1:05pm it will be YANKEES vs. TIGERS, in Detroit. It will be Ivan Nova (12-8) for The Bombers vs. Doug Vester (10-10) for The Tigers.

BTW==>Billi Pod hates Tigers.

Moving on ...

Tonight is going to be a concert that I cannot miss ...

8:00==>BOSTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall - “An All-Wagner Program, with selections from: Gotterdammerung; Tannhauser; Parsifal; Lohengrin; and Tristan und Isolde.” (concert - full price ticket)

According to the program notes tonight’s concert celebrates the bicentennial of Wagner's birth with excerpts from five of the composer's operas, encompassing the themes of love, identity, and redemption that pervade his works.

Really looking forward to this.

I have just finished the draft of the entertainment stats for March 2013 and will probably post the awesome results later today or early tomorrow ... so stay tuned.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.20  miles (or, 2,624 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,305.71 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: