Sunday, April 21, 2013

Billi Pod Did It Again==>1,379 miles


Sunday==>Yesterday your favorite blogger reached another milestone in his 79th Birthday Walking Challenge(s). As you loyal and faithful readers and followers will remember, the first challenge was set back in July 2012 and that was the goal of walking 1,079 miles (1,000 plus 79) by my 79th birthday on April 23, 2013.

I reached that goal on January 26, 2013, 86 days ahead of schedule. I then set another challenge for myself and that was to reach 1,379 miles (1,300 plus 79) by my birthday.

Well, yesterday, April 20th, I ended the day with 1,380.44 miles. WOW!! AWESOME!!! 

We will just have to wait and see what the total mileage will ultimately be at 11:59pm on Monday, April 22nd.

Billi Pod is working on the details of the next walking challenge, so ... stay tuned. 

It is bright, sunny but ... dammit ... cold here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. It was only ... gasp ... 37º @ 8:30am. At noon it is only 46º. I guess I was a bit too optimistic yesterday when I put away the cold weather stuff. Damn!!

Oh, well ... ain’t nothing Billi Pod can do about it ... so why don’t we move on with his report card on last night’s entertainment event ... 

THIS SIDE OF NEVERLAND, two stories by J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan), each involving incurable romantics who are  given a healthy dose of reality==>B

It was a pleasant evening but both stories were a little stuffy. I guess I was expecting more from J.M. Barrie. The acting was satisfactory. My theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady liked it even less but she didn’t give it a letter grade.

What about today, I know you are anxiously awaiting? Well ... 

During the afternoon I will stay in the warm and cozy confines of PHC to watch the final game of the 3-game series in Toronto @ 1:05pm against the Blue Jays, as the Yankees go for the sweep

The Yankees won yesterday 5-3 in 11-innings on a 2-run error.

It will be Ivan Nova (1-1) on the mound for the Bronx Bombers vs. Josh Johnson (0-1) for the Blue Jays 

Then for tonight it will be a classical music concert at Lincoln Center ...

8:00==>NATIONAL FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Avery Fisher Hall. “Joining the Chorus will be a selected ensemble from the National Band and Orchestra Festival.” (concert - complimentary ticket)

I am definitely in the mood for some classical music. A great way to end the weekend.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.38 miles (or, 5,216 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,380.44 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: