Sunday, April 28, 2013

Billi Pod Is Scared!!


BREAKING NEWS==>Billi Pod’s 79th Birthday Week comes to a close this evening when his theater-buddies Dian Crystal aka My Lady & Marty Kosarik aka Numnutz invade PHC @ 5:30pm for a “birday-potty,” their words.

OMFG!! When they arrive, I have been instructed/ordered that I MUST, repeat, MUST, leave my own apartment for at least 15-minutes. OMFG!!

When I posted about this “event” on my FaceBook Timeline I ended it with: “I think I am scared.” Well, Dian just posted the following response: “You SHOULD be scared!!!” OMFG???

What am I to do? WHAT???

Oh, well ... moving on ... or back ... or whatever ... 

Last night’s Carnegie Hall concert by the ORPHEUS CHAMBER ORCHESTRA was simply wonderful.

The opening number was "Transfigured Night" by Schoenberg and it was beautiful but the highlight event was the second part of the program, a new work by the orchestra’s Composer-in-Residence, Gabriel Kahane, called “Gabriel’s Guide to the 48 States.”

This 40-minute song-cycle is composed by and performed by Kahane and is a tribute to a set of tour guides commissioned by the U.S. government back in the 1930s as part of the depression-era’s WPA.

The tour begins in California and ends in Manhattan. Kahane sings, narrates and plays a banjo and a guitar. It was wonderful and totally engrossing. The time flew by.

When it was over he and the orchestra received a roaring well-deserved standing ovation.

My comp. seat was super excellent, too, in the orchestra 10-rows from the stage.

I left the concert with a big smile on my face. I walked back to the apartment still processing the experience.

Yesterday afternoon the Yankees makeshift crew kept finding ways to win as we beat Toronto 5-4 on clutch hitting from Travis Hafner and a journeyman performance from our ace CC Sabathia.

This afternoon at 1:05pm it will be game 3 of the 4-game series out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

Phil Hughes (0-2) will be on the mound for the Bronx Bombers vs. R.A. Dickey (2-3) for the Blue Jays. 

I want to share something special with you loyal and faithful readers and followers ...

My oldest grandson Alex Falletta aka Army Guy, caught this 19lb. striped bass yesterday at Lake Murray in South Carolina. Awesome!!

He grilled the fish for dinner and said it was delicious and I am certain it was.

Way-to-go Army Guy!!

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE AND, HOPEFULLY, BILLI POD WILL STILL BE ALIVE THIS TIME TOMORROW.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.35 miles (or, 9,520 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,414.66 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: