Sunday, April 7, 2013

ACCORDING TO GOLDMAN==>A



Sunday==>I hope everyone out there in the morass known as cyberspace is having a great weekend so far. I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that your favorite blogger is having another great weekend here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

So ... why don’t we get started with ...

Late yesterday afternoon my theater buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady met me in the lobby of my building and then we walked up to our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Meske, located on West 47th Street, between 9th and 10th Avenues, in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

It was around 5:30pm when we reached the restaurant. Unfortunately, our favorite table was already taken, but no matter because we were able to get another table next to the window so we could people watch during dinner, if we wanted to.

You know you have become a “regular” when your waitress comes to the table and says ... “will it be the usual?” And, yes it was ... our standard fare ... The Vegetarian Platter.

I was definitely in the mood for a Fallopian food fix and this hit the spot ... and ... what? ... oh ... right ... sorry Marty ... I meant Ethiopian food ... anyway ... the Ethiopian food hit the spot.

Billi Pod is sorry that Marty Kosarik aka Numnutz was unable to join us. Maybe next time.

When the meal was finished we came back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC and basically chilled, although I did give Dian a rather detailed summary of my prior life and career, with probably a lot more info/details than she wanted/needed.

Anyway ... our show for the evening was an Off Broadway play at one of the theatres in the Theatre Row Complex, which is next door to my apartment building ...

ACCORDING TO GOLDMAN, about the mentoring relationship between an old Hollywood hand and an eager young student==>A

It is well written, thought provoking, with an excellent 3-person cast. I particularly liked Stephen Drabicki in the role of Jeremiah Collins, the young aspiring screenwriter, who is also a Mormon.

Billi Pod says==>see it ... and ... if you are a movie buff ... then ... it is a MUST SEE!!

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is something very different ... 

7:00==>SAGA - “In this show featuring 30 puppets, ranging from 3 inches to 10 feet, a despairing man seeks revenge after the collapse of both his marriage and the Icelandic economy.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at the Baruch Performing Arts Center and is performed by an international cast of puppeteers from Iceland, Norway, Ireland and the US.

In the press notes there is the following warning: “Includes some graphic puppet sex and murder. For mature audiences.”

Yeah ... I am pretty certain this is going to fall in the “I loved it” or the “WTF was that?” category.

Speaking of “WTF was that?” - the Yankees lost to the Tigers, 8-4, as our pitching bombed yet again. Folks, almost all of the pundits said during pre-season that the only chance the Yankees have to advance to the playoffs rests on our pitching staff. Well ... with the exception of Andy Pettitte the pitching staff, including the bullpen, has basically sucked.

This afternoon @ 1:05pm it will be YANKEES/TIGERS @ Detroit with our ace CC Sabathia on the mound vs. their ace, and probably the best pitcher in the AL, Justin Verlander. We hope to avoid the sweep.

I am happy to report that the weather for the first part of the upcoming week is supposed to be in the low 70s. Yes!!!!

This is good news because I need to step up my daily walking pace because I now want to reach the 1,379 mile plateau by my 79th birthday on April 23rd.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.44 miles (or, 5,348 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,312.32 miles 

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: