Sunday, March 31, 2013

HAPPY EASTER & GO GATORS!!

Sunday==>HAPPY EASTER to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. It is warmer here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World - 52ยบ and a bit overcast @ 11:30am.

Why don’t we get this posting started with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show ...

THE VANDAL, on a freezing night a solitary woman is annoyed, then charmed by a teenage boy at a bus stop==>B


The weird and sometimes creepy storyline is saved by 3 outstanding actors, Deirdre O’Connell, Zach Grenier and young Noah Robbins.

There is a plot twist at the end of the show that takes you totally by surprise and left, I think, almost everyone leaving the theater with a “did that really just happen” look on their face. I have to admit that even this morning Billi Pod is still processing just what it all meant.

The show ends its run today and has, as I wrote yesterday, received mostly very favorable reviews, especially the acting.

Moving on ...

Billi Pod’s plans for today are as follows ...

First, of course, write this posting for the edification of you loyal and faithful readers and followers, then ... about an hour “walk and wander” session in my ‘hood. Then ... 

At 2:20pm, on CBS, it will be my Florida Gators vs. Michigan Wolverines. The Gators are favored by only 3 1/2 points and that doesn't bode well because during the season we have had difficulty in winning close games, regardless of who we were playing.

The winner of the game will advance to The Final Four Championship Series in Atlanta, GA, and play Syracuse (30-9) on Saturday.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to admit to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that he has trouble watching complete basketball games. He likes the final 5-minutes, not the grinding path getting there. Jus sayin ...

I don’t want to be negative but I have a kinda bad feeling in my gut about this game, I really do ... hope I am wrong.

Moving on ...

As I posted yesterday, I am having Easter Dinner down in Chelsea with my friends Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman and 13+ of our mutual friends. It is always a lot of fun, with good food and lots of intelligent conversations. Almost everyone who will be in attendance can be classified as being “entertainment-involved.” 

So ... time to post this and head out for some much needed walking and wandering time ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.03 miles (or, 8,816 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,293.47 miles

GO GATORS! CHOMP!! CHOMP!!! CHOMP!!!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: