Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Billi Pod’s Activity Report For February 2013


It is now time for me to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers Billi Pod’s entertainment stats for the month of February 2013 ... so ... here they come ... get ready ... take a deep breath everyone ... tada ... here they are in all of their awesomeness, despite a month plagued by nasty-ass weather, including the blizzard known as Nemo ... 

In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries - but then you know that by now, don’t you?) I find that during February 2013 Billi Pod attended/saw/did the following:

2 Broadway shows (Annie and Mary Poppins); 24 Off Broadway shows; and, 7 classical music concerts (mostly with the New York Philharmonic).

During the month there were 6 entertainment doubleheaders.

The major highlight of the month was the extremely favorable results from my annual physical exam with my cardiologist Dr. Fred Feuerbach. I will repost his comments, in his own handwriting --

“Active 79 year old, doing remarkably well. History of A-Fib. Excellent blood work. Excellent activity. BP 130/70. EKG good. 164 lbs. See in 6 months to consider reduction in meds.”

Oh, yes ...

During the month Billi Pod walked a total of 84.02 miles (183,752 steps) for an average of 3.02 miles per day, as recorded on his trusty WeightWatchers Pedometer.

The walking mileage is substantially down from prior months, due to the terrible weather and, honestly, because I reached the 1,079 mile mark on January 26th.

On February 28th the total mileage since the Birthday Walking Challenge began on July 1, 2012, was 1,187.98 miles (2,598,112 steps) for an average of 4.89 miles per day.

I had face-time with Marty Kosarik, individually, and as part of Dian Crystal’s aka My Lady posse and, of course, with My Lady, Dian Crystal. Unfortunately was unable to schedule any time with Scott Reed aka Fabson.

Was also with some of my AA buddies (you know who you are) on several occasions and that was good ... let's keep on keeping on guys!

I posted daily on my FaceBook Wall and 29 times on this blog website.

Billi Pod Blogs had 3,862 page views during the month, bringing the total for the past 12 months to 25,217.

The major negative for the month was the passing of my longtime friend P.B. “Bud” Coker of Lakeland, FL. His wife Louise and grandkids Hac Coker and Sarah Coker remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Another major downer was the receipt of the lease renewal package that contained a barf-inducing proposed rental increase. Oh ... yes ... now the drama begins.

Moving on ... 

And ... finally ... an amazing stat in its own right==>during the month there was only 1 ... yes ... only 1 occasion when Billi Pod stayed in the warm and cozy confines of PHC without attending some entertainment event during either the day or the evening. AMAZING!!

So there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I humbly think that it ain’t bad for a 78yr old (soon to be 79) guy ... but ... it is up to you loyal and faithful readers and followers to determine because ...

I report - you decide.

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: