Friday, March 15, 2013

Great Time With John Scott Reed and Bernard Lam


Friday==>A big TGIF shout-out to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. Billi Pod hopes you will have a great weekend. Oh ... just a reminder to my Worker Bee friends ... remember ... your weekend cannot begin until at least 5:05pm, or until your boss personally says it is OK for you to leave.

Had a great time last night with John Scott Reed aka Fabson and Bernard Lam. They came up to 420 W. 42nd Street via Bernard’s Harley. We spent some much needed/wanted catch up time in PHC.

Then we braved the elements and jaywalked over to Ollie’s, the Sichuan restaurant located directly across the street from my building. We continued our catching up over a pretty impressive array of food. 

So ==>IT WAS GREAT BEING WITH YOU GUYS!!

Moving on to tonight’s entertainment event, which is another Musical’s In Mufti performance at The York Theatre ... 

8:00==>HAPPY HUNTING - “When Liz Livingstone, a rich widowed Philadelphia hostess, perceives a snub at the Grace Kelly-Prince Rainier ‘Wedding of the Year’ in Monaco, she sets out to snare an even more impressively titled husband for her daughter. Things get predictably complicated when she succeeds and then promptly falls for her intended son-in-law herself! Meanwhile, the bride-to-be only has eyes for a society lawyer, and Liz's dashing Duke turns out to be very possibly penniless.” (Off Broadway - discounted ticket)

As I said, this is part of the York Theatre’s Musicals in Mufti Series, and, as you now probably know “Mufti” (pronounced MUFF’tee) means “in street clothes, without the usual trappings.” The show is presented script-in-hand, with minimal staging and props.

This show opened in 1956 and starred the incomparable Ethel Merman. It ran for 408 performances.

Moving on ... 

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers that my first face-to-face meeting with my building’s leasing agent yesterday afternoon was unproductive and basically discouraging. At the meeting I discovered that they had only offered me a 1-year lease, not the 2-year that I had anticipated.

I have made a counteroffer for a 2-year lease with a “moderate” (of course “moderate” is a relative term in the NYC rental market) rent increase. The fact that my building is currently 100% occupied is working against me, big time.

Oh well ... guess I had better get serious about exploring my options, but I have to admit that the whole process has already put me pretty much in a major funk.

Will keep you loyal and faithful readers and followers informed.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.18 miles (or, 2,583 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,235.17 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: