Tuesday, March 5, 2013

OUR TOWN==>Totally Enjoyable


BREAKING NEWS from The Yankee Universe==>General Manager Brian Cashman breaks a leg while skydiving during a benefit for the Wounded Warriors Project. 

Come on guys ... give us a break ... Jeter, Sabathia, A-Rod, Hughes, Granderson ... and now Cashman????
Are you guys cursed or what? Jus askin ...

On a much happier note ...

Last night’s Actors Fund Benefit, the staged reading of the classic OUR TOWN==>totally enjoyable

The use of three different actors, Blythe Danner, BD Wong and S. Epatha Merkerson, in the role of the Stage Manager was, truthfully, a bit distracting. I don’t think it added anything. BD Wong did the best job by far, IMHO.

But ... that is only a minor quibble because the evening was a good experience and I am so glad I decided to get a ticket. Good show - good cause.

It was performed at the very nice Gerald W. Lynch Theater at the John Jay College of Law in the Upper Westside.

While I was waiting in the lobby area for the theater to open I was almost overcome with emotions at seeing so many young men and women who were on their way to-and-from classes, etc. It sure brought back a lot of mostly very favorable memories from long long ago.

Tonight’s entertainment event will be some more classical music ...

8:00==>ORATORIO SOCIETY OF NEW YORK @ Carnegie Hall - “American Voices. The Orchestra and Chorus will perform works by Aaron Copeland, Charles Ives and Paul Moravec.” (concert - complimentary ticket)

As usual I have no clue where my comp. seat will be.

Moving on ...

In response to several texts and emails ... yes ... instead of accepting the proposed unreasonable rent increase for renewal of my lease on PHC in Hell's Kitchen ... I have begun exploring my options ... including the possibility of returning to my former Midtown East building. I have time because the deadline for renewal notification isn’t until April 30th.

I will keep you loyal and faithful readers and followers advised, of course.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.57 miles (or, 10,005 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,203.99 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: