Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday==>BILLI POD IS BACK!!!

It was 9:37am this morning when I opened the door to apartment PHC @ 420 W. 42nd Street, in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. I had my duffle and computer bag in tow. WHEW!!


BILLI POD IS BACK!!!


I only got about 2 hours sleep last night because my flight was scheduled to leave Columbia at 6:20am. For the past two days I had felt very uneasy about this particular flight because the flights on Sunday and Monday were canceled. Why I don’t know, of course, but Billi Pod has a clue==>today’s flight, the only direct flight from Columbia, SC, to NYC, was only about 1/3 full.


Oh well, will see what the future holds for this particular flight.


Man, it felt great to be back. I unpacked, stowed stuff, went through the pile of mail and skimmed the 3 morning papers. Needless-to-say, lots of coverage regarding the taking out of Osama.


Went to the grocery store in the ‘hood and restocked the frig with tons of fresh fruit and veggies.


Then, my loyal and faithful readers, Billi Pod decided he would try to get a bit of shuteye, so he lay down for a nap, something he very very rarely does, as you family members and loyal and faithful readers know. Actually I was pretty certain I would be unable to sleep ...


But 2 1/2 hours later I woke up. Was a bit disorientated at first but feel great now and am more than ready to get back into Billi Pod’s New York City Lifestyle ... so ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


8:00==>THE PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE - “A musical that begins in prewar Poland, spans three generations and ends in NYC. It celebrates the importance of learning from our past, never forgetting and the power of laughter.” (Broadway - Roundabout Theatre subscription series)


Starring in this show is the talented Donna Murphy and it has gotten generally very favorable reviews. I am looking forward to seeing it.


Billi Pod is booked entertainment-wise through Saturday and will post more details later.

Happy to report that Alex is now safely at Fort Hood. Bad weather caused his group to be temporarily diverted but now all is well.


Oh, my Yankees are playing decent baseball although they are having trouble getting key hits with runners in scoring position. They lead the AL East by 3 games over The Rays, who have overcome a terrible start of the season.


Ah yes, my loyal and faithful readers ...


BILLI POD IS INDEED BACK!!


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: