Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday The 13th Is Sooooo Weird

This is Friday the 13th and things are really acting strange. To begin with, my blog site was down when I tried to access it this morning, then, when it came back up this afternoon, the posting for Thursday, May 12th, was totally gone.


WTF? It does look like I can now make a new posting, so if you are reading this out there in the vast hinterlands, the new posting was successful.


But where is May 12th?


Weird ... really weird ...


Which leads me into last night’s YANKEES vs. ROYALS game which was a horribly embarrassing puke-inducing 5-11 nightmarish loss. The Wankies appeared zombie-like in all aspects of the game. What do I mean? Well ... get this ...


Errors - 2

Wild pitches - 1

Passed balls - 2

Hit batters - 2

Walks - 4 (not that bad)

Hits given up - 16

Runs given up - 11

barf and double barf.


It was brutal to watch and, of course, it got colder and colder as the game dragged on.


Finally in the 7th inning the inner-Billi Pod said ... “enough is enough already - time to get the Hell out of this mess” ... and he, and thousands of others, were outta there.


I think the following headline on the back page of The Post pretty much sums things up:


“YANKS LOOK LIKE NO. 2 - Fall From lst In Bronx Stinker As Bosox Hit Town.”


Yes, tonight The Boston F**KSOX are in town for a 3 game series. The Bombers better be better, because The F**KSOX are just waiting for pay back time to arrive. We will face their 3 best pitchers: Buchholz, Beckett and Lester.


Honestly, I had initially planned to stay in tonight and watch the game but yesterday a show that I have been wanting to see appeared on one of my services ... so ...


Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


8:00==>GOOD PEOPLE - “this highly acclaimed drama explores the struggles, shifting loyalties and unshakable hopes that come with having next to nothing in America.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).


This show is Tony-nominated for Best Play and, unfortunately, its scheduled limited run is over on May 29th. I am so happy I was able to finally score a ticket.


In closing==>I am sad to report that my friend John Scott Reed is abandoning me and Manhattan this weekend as he moves from his trendy Chelsea ‘hood to the remote outer borough called Brooklyn. Yes ... gasp ... that is correct ... from Chelsea to Brooklyn.


Frankly, I had thought that Stan The Man and I had done a better job in molding his character but obviously we failed because he has chosen to become one of the “bridge and tunnel” crowd, just like Ben Sears and Justin Pifer. Alas ... just hope he has updated his vaccination chart, updated his Last Will and Testament and gotten his passport stamped in preparation for the exodus


Fare-Thee-Well Fabson!!


Oh well ... as Princess Consuela Banahammck says==>whatever!


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: