Monday, May 9, 2011

Billi Pods Says==>Happy Birthday Dr. John Bendeck!!

Good afternoon from The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World and a Happy Birthday shout out to my son-in-law, Dr. John Bendeck of Columbia, SC.


Tomorrow Dr. John and my daughter Kathi will embark on an exciting adventure overseas, taking in London and then Paris, where, hopefully, they will be able to meet up with my former roomie David West.


This morning I had a routine appointment with the eye doctor who did my cataract surgery. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since the procedure was finally completed. Everything was OK, as I had anticipated.


When the appointment was over Billi Pod decided to walk back to PHC, almost the whole midtown width of Manhattan. The doctor’s office is at lst Avenue and, as you know, PHC is between 9th and 10th Avenues. It was perfect walking weather. The distance is 2+ miles. Along the way Billi Pod was also able to take care of a couple of errands and that was nice too.


So, my loyal and faithful readers, I know you are breathlessly awaiting Billi Pod’s evaluation of last night’s entertainment event, so ... here we go ...

Report card on last night’s KEEN TEENS==>fun, especially the play “The Boring-est Poem in the World.” The story line is that there is a poem so boring that no one can read past the first line without falling into a coma-like state. And, it is all part of a stealth plan by the Russians to gain dominance over America. Yeah.


I think I was the only person in the audience who wasn’t related to a cast member.


Tonight’s entertainment event is also something a bit “different” ...


7:00==>ARTCAMP SEXYTIME FOOTBALL - “A smutty, sweaty, epic exploration of violence, betrayal and desire, with gratuitous nudity, faux intellectualism, and a parade.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


Yeah, this is Billi Pod’s favorite kind of humor and it sounds like fun doesn’t it? Come on, folks ... doesn’t it? Come on, folks ... oh ... forget about it ... just remember this ain’t Boise, Idaho ... OK ...


So, on that happy note, let me close out this posting with ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I was doing some googling and I came across this post. Thank you so so so much for coming to see Keen Teens! I was in "Boring-est Poem" (as the title has been shortened to). It is so cool to know that someone actually bothered to take the time to watch our crazy little plays and that you enjoyed them. I think I speak for everyone when I say that your post is proof our hard work paid off.