Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Has Arrived - At Last!!

It is a hot and humid day in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Love it!!


But, people have already begun bitching that it is ... too hot ... too humid ... too much like Florida ... etc. etc. etc. These are the same people who were bitching that Winter would never end and Summer would never begin.


Get a life people!!


Yesterday was my usual errands day and I did get a lot of “stuff” done.


I had hoped that I would be able to connect with John Scott Reed to see his new apartment out there in the vast wilderness known as Brooklyn, but ... alas ... it didn’t come about. I am confident that it will one of these days.


Billi Pod spent the majority of the day/evening in front of the tube watching baseball. The Yankees are in Oakland for the second leg of their 3 series West coast schedule.

The new name of the baseball stadium in Oakland is ...


Overstock.com Coliseum


No, I am not kidding ... that’s the new name for what used to be called The Oakland Coliseum. On April 27, 2011 it was renamed via a 6 year, 12 million dollar naming rights deal with the online retailer Overstock.com. Man ... talk about selling your soul for big moolah ...


Anyway, The Yankees won 5-0 behind a stellar 4-hit shutout performance from Bartolo Colon.


The Yankees are now back atop the AL East, leading the Boston FuckSox by a nose.


The game began at 4:00pm EST. Billi Pod was getting a little restless, so he headed out around 6:30pm, listening to the game on his trusty, but now ancient, Walkman.


The weather was awesome. Walked south from 42nd Street down to 23rd Street in Chelsea and then over to the Hudson River. I spent the next 2 1/2 hours leisurely walking along the river, north, back to 42nd Street.


Would periodically stop, find a place to sit down and just people watch and absorb the wonderful feeling of being outside, at leisure, in The Big Apple. It is difficult for me to describe how good it felt. I actually got a bit emotional inside when I reflected on how lucky I am to be still living out my dream of a lifetime.


Wow!!


When I got back to PHC around 9:00pm I showered and settled in for the rest of the evening. Watched baseball and later grilled a great steak on my George Foreman grill.


As I am writing this posting, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to acknowledge that Billi Pod hasn’t an entertainment event scheduled for this evening.


OK ... OK ... folks, don’t panic ... you loyal and faithful readers out there know that something will either show up on one of his ticket services, or he will catch a movie, probably THE HANGOVER PART II, a major box office smash despite rather tepid reviews.

BREAKING NEWS==>I just got off the phone with Ginger Flowers, from her hospital room in Atlanta, and I am happy to report that she is doing much much better. In fact, if a procedure scheduled for this morning goes as expected she will be discharged from the hospital and transferred to a nursing home to begin an extensive two week rehabilitation program.


If that goes as expected she will then be able to return to her apartment. In respect for her privacy I will not give any more details.


Whew!! Thank you Higher Power!!


BREAKING NEWS #2==>A Broadway show just came up on one of my ticket services, so I now have a complimentary ticket to see ...


7:00==>BABY IT’S YOU - “tells the inspiring story of Florence Greenberg, the woman who changed the recording world forever when she discovered The Shirelles and became the music industry's first female powerhouse.”


Have been wanting to see this show for some time, and ... zap ... here it is.


Yep ... this is the reason Billi Pod lives in The Greatest City In The World.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: