Thursday, May 5, 2011

Billi Pod Asks==>Isn’t Winter Over???

When I woke up this morning @ 7:00am it was bright out but it was only 46º. WTF? I thought winter was over. I guess I was wrong. WTF?


Billi Pod was up this early because he had a followup mid-morning appointment with his new ear, nose and throat doctor to get the results from the CAT scan of his sinus areas that was done on April 20th in an attempt to figure out the cause for the swelling around his left cheekbone.


I am happy to report that the results were negative, but at this point we still don’t know the cause for the swelling, which wasn’t affected at all by the antibiotic prescription.


It is really odd because there is no pain involved, nor is the area the slightest bit sensitive to the touch. The doc concluded that he wanted some more time to pass, so my next appointment is June 2nd.


The docs office is located on E 49th Street between lst and 2nd Avenues. When I left his office the weather was much better so Billi Pod decided to walk across the island back to PHC, stopping along the way at the neighborhood Staples store to secure a birthday gift card for an unnamed family member (who rarely, if ever, reads this blog).


Well, dammit, when I got to the store I discovered that the store had gone out of business. Damn, but no matter because there is another Staples basically in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood, so I headed cross town. And just as I did, the whole Midtown area went into a virtual lock down because of Obama’s presence. Endless cavalcades of black SUVs and police cars with sirens blaring and lights blinking. Oh well, it would just add a little more time and distance to my crosstown trip.


When I finally got back to my ‘hood I found that the block where the Staples store is located was totally inaccessible due to security and crowds. Oh well ...


Why am I writing about this you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... I have no f**king idea, I guess I just wanted to.

Anyway, now let me give Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s concert by the NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall==>A<==as in Awesome.


Beethoven’s Symphony No. 3 “Eroica” was beautifully sublime. It was a wonderful evening of classical music.


When the concert was over Billi Pod thought about walking back to PHC but the weather was just too nasty and windy.


Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


8:00==>WAR HORSE - “The story of an English boy whose beloved horse is sold to the cavalry and shipped to France during WW I. Years later the boy, now a young man, embarks on an odyssey to bring him home.” (Broadway - full price ticket).


The horses are life-size puppets, each operated by 3 men. This drama has received almost universal rave reviews and has received multiple Tony nominations, including Best Play. The buzz is that it has a lock on winning. Not sure that Billi Pod agrees with that but time will tell.


In closing I am happy to report that for the upcoming 10 days/nights Billi Pod has already booked entertainment events for 9 of them, including Broadway, Off Broadway and Yankee baseball. Not bad, not bad at all.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: