Friday, April 22, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>Passover In Exile Was FANTASTIC!!

Last night’s concert by the AMERICAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall, performing the US premiere of Paul Dessau’s “Passover in Exile” was fantastic!!


I have to admit that I had misgivings going in==>man, was I wrong. So glad I was there. It was awesome!! The stage was filled with the orchestra, the Collegiate Chorale, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus and at least 16 performers and soloists.


Yes, it was a bit long, almost 3 hours with one 20 minute intermission, but it maintained my attention throughout. It was performed in Yiddish, however, in the program was a 30 page translation which I was able to follow even though the lighting in my Dress Circle seating area was very dim.


When the concert was completed the audience gave the performers a roaring standing ovation, which they had more than earned.


I am happy to share with you loyal and faithful readers that yesterday’s CAT scan of my sinus areas went OK - it took only 9 minutes. Actually, it took longer to do the advance paperwork than the procedure itself. Go figure. Results will be provided to my ENT doctor next week.


The reviews are in on JERUSALEM, starring Mark Rylance, and they are generally very favorable. Rylance received across-the-board rave reviews. The other actors in the company were also universally praised, especially Mackenzie Crook and John Gallagher, Jr.


Dammit, all of the weather forecasts for tomorrow are dismal==>rain, rain and more rain. Billi Pod may not be able to do his birthday walking marathon as planned. Dammit!!

Tonight Billi Pod will finally get around to seeing the movie WIN WIN, a comedy about an attorney who moonlights as a high school wrestling coach.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Passover in Exile" was in Hebrew, not in Yiddish!