Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bill Is Now In Columbia, SC.

Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers.


I am happy to report that the trip from New York City down to Columbia, SC, yesterday went without any problems and my duffle and I arrived pretty much on schedule.


John and Kathi picked me up at the airport and brought me to their ultra-nice condo located in downtown Columbia, next to the University of South Carolina campus and just blocks away from the state capitol buildings. I love their apartment and its location.


After I got unpacked and settled in we basically just chilled for the remainder of the evening, ordering in pizza. I spent most of the evening watch baseball.


The weather right now is very iffy and it was rainy and nasty this morning. Thank God we aren’t the tornado path.


You know, our plans are very flexible, with everything depending on Alex’s availability. We will drive out to his house in Elgin, SC, sometime this afternoon for some face time.


Tomorrow, Friday, the whole family will have arrived and that evening we will have a family dinner which John and I are co-hosting.


Saturday is a “family” gathering at McEntire Airbase, which is mandatory for the servicemen. There will be entertainment, food and stuff. I don’t know at this point how long we will be there, but several hours I am sure.


Sunday, as I have previously reported, is the formal deployment ceremony, following which Alex and his mates will lift off in their respective Apaches and fly down to Fort Hood, TX.


I will keep you advised with as much detail as I feel comfortable giving.


Bill

1 comment:

rap said...

Nada, nil, nothing, not one word . . . we be missing your escapades and exciting life reports. Remember, you belong to the world, now, and we look forward to the report of your exciting adventures. Just saying!