Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>Always Read The Fine Print!!

ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!!


Yeah, but first ... Last night’s concert by the DISTINGUISHED CONCERTS ORCHESTRA AND CHORUS @ Avery Fisher Hall was excellent. My complimentary seat was in the orchestra, row M, house left - great!!


The program was kinda long with two intermissions, but no matter because the final number was an awesome rendition of Mozart’s Coronation Mass.


When the concert was over I walked back to PHC, 20 blocks or 1 mile. Nice!!


Have you noticed all of the “extra” walking? Well, of course you have because you are my loyal and faithful readers and you know that this may be in preparation for “something” in connection with Billi Pod’s 77th birthday on Saturday the 23rd. Well, the details will soon be forthcoming - just be patient.

ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!!


OK, what am I talking about? Well, remember yesterday’s post in which I mentioned that I was going to go out to Yankee Stadium to exchange tickets for the 3 games scheduled during my time down in Columbia, SC? One of the benefits of being a partial season ticket holder is their ticket exchange policy and this is what I was taking advantage of as I have numerous times in the past.


When I got to Yankee Stadium yesterday around 1:30pm there was already a line at the ticket window but no problem. I had about a 15 minute wait. When it was my turn I gave the tickets and requested new dates to the nice young woman behind the glass partition.


She looked at them, looked at me, looked at them, looked back at me ... and then said ... “sir, you cannot exchange these tickets. You have to do it at least two weeks before the game.” “What,” I said, “I thought it was only a week before?” To which she replied ... “read the fine print, sir. It used to be one week but they changed it this year, so now it’s a minimum of two weeks. It’s in the fine print, sir.”


Damn and double damn!! Well, at least the trip wasn’t a complete bust because I had brought with me the 3 season ticket vouchers for 1/2 price tickets to 3 games and was able to score excellent seats for 3 extra games at the end of the season.


Last night I listed the seats on StubHub but, frankly, I doubt they will sell. Oh well ...


ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!!!


BREAKING SPIDER-MAN NEWS==>This is an excerpt from the "official" press release regarding the latest Spider-Man “event” --


“Following its historic matinee performance on Sunday, April 17, SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark embarks on a three-week hiatus for technical rehearsals before unveiling the new version of the mega musical on Thursday, May 12. The original staging of SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark played its final performances to sold-out houses. The official opening night of the new SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark is set for Tuesday, June 14th at the Foxwoods Theatre (213 West 42nd Street).


The revamping of SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark represents an unprecedented and historic moment on Broadway. The new version takes the best aspects of the original, adds great new songs by Bono and The Edge, tells the story from a different angle, and will offer an even more thrilling audience experience.”


Man, these people are insane. Why don’t they just admit they made a mega-mistake, take their losses and get the f**k out of town?

This funny SPIDER-MAN cartoon was in yesterday’s papers and I have posted it for your enjoyment and entertainment, for which Billi Pod could probably go to jail. But, nothing is too good for you loyal and faithful readers out there in the vast hinterlands.


Moving on with tonight’s entertainment event ...


8:00==>THE SCHOOL OF LIES - “A sparking take, in hilarious verse, on Moliere’s immortal comic masterpiece, The Misanthrope.” (Off-Broadway - complimentary ticket).


I have very mixed feelings about this show but my theater buddy Dian Crystal gives it a “thumbs-up” and I value her opinion(s).


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: