Saturday, February 26, 2011

The "Quest" Has Begun - Oh God!!

Billi Pod spent the morning and early afternoon checking out some Upper Westside ‘hoods, the Columbus Circle and 72nd Street areas. Not looking at apts. yet, just getting a feeling for the area(s). There are actually a couple of properties in the area that are also managed/operated by the same company, The Brodsky Organization, that manages 420 W. 42nd Street.


The one that interested me the most in the area was a 51 story building on 59th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues, or basically a little less than a mile due North of my current building.


I didn’t actually see any apartments, that simply wasn’t in my plan for today, but I did go inside the lobby areas and talked to the staff of 4 of the Brodsky Organization’s Upper Westside properties.


Then, when I got back to PHC, in time to watch the YANKEES/PHILLIES Spring Training game, there was an email from the rental office with a counteroffer. OMFG!!


It was substantially less than their original offer but still more than I want to pay. But, boy did it start my mind to whirling, and it hasn’t stopped.


Now, in response to a couple of emails regarding what are the “MUSTS” in my quest for, perhaps, a new apartment, here are the very basics:


1. Upper Westside neighborhood

2. 24hr. doorman building

3. no broker’s fee

4. easy access to subways

5. a full-service grocery store within easy walking distance.


The above are must-haves.


Anyway, my loyal and faithful readers, I will keep you advised.


Oh, you know, one thing really really hit me when I returned to PHC==>the awesomeness of my view. I guess over time I have become a bit blasé about it, but it is truly breathtaking and this will factor into my decision making process, without a doubt.


Dammit, I like this apartment a lot, I am just not that into the Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood ... oh well ... on to other things --


CAPITOL STEPS last night was simply hilarious - just what I needed.


Tonight’s entertainment event is --


8:00==>KIN - “Bathsheba Doran's new play sheds a sharp light on the changing face of kinship in the expansive landscape of the modern world.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


It is playing at the theater directly beneath PHC (hummmmm, how about that).


Well, everyone, it is now time to close out with the soon to be over ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Face it guys ... you can never be a role model for your younger brother if his wiener is bigger than yours.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: