Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Doubleheader For Billi Pod

Good morning everyone. It is another bright but cold day in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


I am happy to report that I feel much much better this morning. No coughing and the nose isn’t running either. My inbox is not clogged with Bieber-related hate emails, so I think, hopefully, The Bieber Nation has accepted my offer of a truce.


The CURTIS SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA concert last night was excellent even though my comp. seat was in the upper-upper balcony. No matter because the acoustics in Carnegie Hall are magnificent regardless of where you sit.


You know, early on in the concert I was hit with the thought ... “Bill, you are so f**king lucky. Here you are in one of the best concert venues in The World, listening to classical music performed by a terrific orchestra ... and it cost you only a $4.00 service fee. How much better can it get?” Amen and Amen!!


Which is a great segue into what I have planned for today ... another awesome entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod --

2:30==>LA CAGE AUX FOLLES - “Georges (now played by Jeffrey Tabor of Arrested Development) is the owner of a glitzy nightclub in Saint-Tropez. His partner, Albin (now played by 4-time Tony winner Harvey Fierstein), stars as Zaza. When Georges' son brings his fiancĂ©'s conservative parents home to meet the flashy pair, the bonds of family are put to the test as the feather boas fly.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).


Actually, when I booked this show I thought it was going to be one of the last performances by the original cast, which included Kelsey Grammer and Douglas Hodge, but, obviously I was wrong. No matter. It should be a hoot with the new cast.


7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Lincoln Center - Saxophonist Branford Marsalis performs works by Glazunov and Schulhoff.


The orchestra also performs works by Strauss and Haydn’s Symphony No. 60. (subscription series)


I will now close with a musing. As I prepared it for this posting the thought did cross my mind that I may have seen or heard it somewhere else. Oh well, no matter, because it did, in fact, spew out of the mind of Billi Pod on December 2, 2010 ... so ... here it is ...

Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Knowing when to fold’em” also helps if you work in a Laundromat.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: