Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday - Beautiful Weather in The Big Apple.

Wow, spring weather in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. It feels great. Bring it on!!


Report card on last night’s THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON==>A<==even though it is of the kinda formalistic “nothing is as it first appears to be” genre. Acting super-excellent led by Brian Cox as The Coach.


I am happy to report that Jim Gaffigan holds his own in his Broadway debut. See it now because it has a limited run.


Billi Pod’s entertainment events for tonight start with --


8:00==>APPLE COVE - “When newlyweds Edie and Alan move into the gated community of Apple Cove, they believe they have found a safe haven from the chaotic world outside. They quickly learn that nothing, not even electric gates, can keep nature out. Especially one's own nature.” (Off-Broadway - complimentary ticket).


Very mixed buzz on this show but several of my theater buddies, whose judgement I trust, have recommended it, so I thought I would give it a shot.


After my show I will come back to PHC and meet up with Paul Hughes, who is in The City on a rather whirlwind theater binge, and Scott Reed and we will do some long overdue catching up and then have a late bite somewhere in my ‘hood. Really looking forward to it.


Paul’s show for tonight is actually in a theater that is on my block so that makes everything very convenient.


Have things and stuff to do, so will close with another perhaps controversial musing ...

Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Harry, Ron and Hermione are gay.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: