Sunday, February 6, 2011

Billi Pod Predicts==>Steelers Win 28-24!!

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers.


OK, let’s get the important stuff out of the way first, ie, The Super Bowl, which will finally get underway at 6:30pm and probably last until around midnight, so they can get in all of those super-expensive commercials.


This is Billi Pod’s Super Bowl prediction==>Steelers win 28-24.


Am I recommending that you bet the proverbial house on this prediction? No way Jose!!


I am happy to report that last night the rain had stopped when it was time for me to head downtown to The Village for my show. That said==>the sidewalks and especially the crosswalks were still slushy and sometimes icy, so Billi Pod was extra careful. So ...


Billi Pod’s report card on A PERFECT FUTURE==>C<==it just didn’t work for me. Everyone gets drunk, reveal long hidden secrets and betrayals, a marriage unravels, yelling and screaming, with no likable/believable characters.

Yes, once again the self-proclaimed “dark comedy” was much more dark than funny. You’d think I’d learn. Oh well ... maybe next time ...


I hope you caught last night’s Saturday Night Live, hosted by Dana Carvey because it was the best in a long time.


The opening scene was a “Wayne’s World” skit with Carvey and Mike Myers reprising their roles of Wayne and Garth. It was awesomely funny.


The Bieb also had a scene with The Church Lady. It seems like he is everywhere, doesn’t it?


This afternoon I think I will catch a movie, probably TRUE GRIT, starring Jeff Bridges in the Coen brothers remake of the John Wayne classic. It has been nominated for 10 Oscars.

And on that note I will close with the usual posting of the musings that came out of Billi Pod’s head on December 2, 2010, this one being sorta film related ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“A ‘snuff’ video is not a documentary about a tobacco product.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: