Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday in The Big Apple.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers it is yet another bright but freezing day in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. No snow. But, guess what - snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.


Boring, I know, but that’s what is going on up here, so ... let’s move on with ...


Billi Pod’s report card on ...


Last nite’s INTERVIEWING THE AUDIENCE==>an interesting concept. The performer selected 3 persons from the audience to be interviewed, 2 guys and 1 gal. I am not sure if they were “plants” or not. They seemed to me to be a bit too poised after having been randomly selected to answer rather intimate questions about their lives. Who knows? There was good interaction between the host and the interviewees.


Having said that, it is only 70 minutes long and is a worth-see if you are looking for something different.

Speaking of different --


Tonight @ 7:00pm I am seeing 20yo comedian/musician Bo Burnham perform at the Best Buy Theatre on Broadway.


Bo just won Comedy Central’s 2011 Standup Showdown.


I have seen him several times on Comedy Central and I think he is very funny and I love his style of humor. (full-price ticket).



Want to gave a big SHOUT-OUT to my Cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, who is celebrating his birthday today. Thank you again, Fred, for your professional care and friendship over the past 10 years. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


And, yes, my loyal and faithful readers, Andy Pettitte did indeed announce his retirement and this is the reaction in the local papers”


“AIN’T THAT A PITCH! - Andy’s retirement puts Yanks in arms crisis” - New York Post


LEFT HOOK - Andy’s retirement staggers Yanks, leaves rotation in shambles” - The Daily News


After 16 Seasons, Goodbye to a Gamer” - New York Times


Oh the drama continues.


And, finally, in response to several emails and texts ... there is a legitimate reason Billi Pod hasn’t posted on this blog about the upcoming Super Bowl and that is ... tada ... he doesn’t give a flying f**k who wins.


Yep, that’s right, I really don’t care. I did have a brief discussion about this with The Bill, who really doesn’t care either, and we agreed that if we had to choose sides we would both pull for The Steelers, and I will, I guess.


Yes, I will stay in and watch the game and at half-time will grill a steak on my George Foreman grill to have with a baked potato, some grilled onions and a Fresca.


It is time to close this out with the now highly anticipated ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Who would you rather have sex with: MacBeth or MacGruber?”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: