Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Billi Pod Has Something Important to Report!!

First, my loyal and faithful readers, it is as nasty and yucky out as predicted and I know it has been this way for most of the Midwest and Northeast.


Looking out the windows of my apartment on the 41st floor of my building at 3:00pm it is so hazy with rain and stuff that I can barely see the building across the street. Barf!!


I am getting very tired of all of this.


So, let me add to this downer message by sharing with you loyal and faithful readers some epic information I received last night as I was in the subway station returning from my show downtown. What is it you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... take a deep breath before you read any further ... OK ... ready ... here it is ...

MAY 21, 2011, will be JUDGMENT DAY!!


Yes, on that precise day, according to the pamphlet passed out by a screaming man in a prophet’s outfit, the Earth will be destroyed due to mankind’s sins and all Christian believers will ascend to heaven, thus ending man’s self-rule.


Wow!! And I know you are also wondering just what will happen, well, I can share that with you ...


“• There will be a LOUD noise as of a trumpet

• Fire will destroy structures, homes, and forests

• Virtually everything will be burned up, even the "elements" will be melted.

• There will be a tremendous earthquake

• The earth will reel too and fro

• Jesus will return to the Earth with all of His angels

• The righteous will be taken to heaven

• The unrepentant sinners will be destroyed

• The righteous who died previous to the second coming will be raised from the dead, they will then be transported into the air to meet Jesus.”


So, I guess you would be wise not to make any long term plans for May 22 and later.


Remember, I only report - you decide.


Now that you are enlightened and perhaps forewarned Billi Pod will give his report card on last night’s COMPULSION==>B<== very powerful drama but Mandy Patinkin’s nonstop shouting, screaming and crying got a bit tiresome toward the end.


The show uses puppets to depict various characters, including Ann Frank, and they were awesome. It is a worth-see.


Oh, and Liza with a “Z” was at the performance. I was seated in the front row and she and her security posse walked right in front of me. Honestly, I wouldn’t have noticed her had not the guy next to me poked me and said ... “Oh my God ... it’s Liza Minnelli.” I also saw her briefly when the show was over. She looked good.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for what I know will be a nasty and icy night is ...


8:00==>DRIVING MISS DAISY starring James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave. "When Daisy, a widowed, 72-year-old Jewish woman living in mid-century Atlanta, is deemed too old to drive, her son, hires Hoke Coleburn, an African American man, to serve as her chauffeur." (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).


I am really looking forward to seeing this show and it has gotten very favorable reviews and its theatre is only a short walk from my apartment.



Yes, I know that some of you loyal and faithful readers are probably thinking that it is in bad taste to end a prophetic posting about The End of the World with the usual Musings, but “someone else” will just have to be the Judge of that, so ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Manly men make love manly-wise. Is that gay?”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

1 comment:

rap said...

Was going to write some smartass comment about May 21st being judgment day, but then the thought passed thru my peabrain, "What if the f**ker is right." So, there must be a few things to be done between now and then. There's the usual, "Tell everybody that you love, that you love them." But after that what? Shall I tell everybody that pisses me off that they piss me off; shall I stop trying to lose the eight pounds in two months that Dr. Banks wants me to lose; shall I go ahead and get that tattoo; . . . .