Sunday, February 13, 2011

Billi Pod’s Saturday Doubleheader==>Double Barf!!

OK, my loyal and faithful readers, the only nice thing I can say about Adam Rapps’ PARAFFIN and NURSE, yesterday’s doubleheader, is==>acting is excellent but everything else is barf and double-barf!!!


The stage was teeming with body fluids, blood, excrement and incomprehensible storylines. Why did I come back for the second one, after wandering around The Village for 2 hours in the freezing cold?? I guess I just like pain, that’s why. Be warned folks, be warned.


But you know what? I am a whore, yep, that’s what I said. Billi Pod is a whore! What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting ... after each show the playwright Adam Rapp was seated in the rear of the theater and each time we made eye-contact as I was leaving the theater and ... what did I do both times? Well, Billi Pod smiled, nodded affirmatively and gave him a thumbs-up. Both times he nodded and smiled back. Yep ... Billi Pod sometimes can be a whore ... my bad ... at least you know that I am not always perfect. Most of the time, yes ... but not always ...


Anyway, tonight’s entertainment event is --


7:30==>THE MAN WHO ATE MICHAEL ROCKEFELLER-“In 1961 23yo Michael Rockefeller disappeared among the Asmat People of Papua, New Guinea. He was never heard from again. This is the story of what might have happened, as told by the Asmat people.” (Off-Broadway - complimentary ticket).


Yeah ... yeah ... I know ... but it has gotten good reviews.


Bieber Fever is everywhere and I am confident his new movie NEVER SAY NEVER will be ranked number one grossing movie for the weekend. I will see it Monday during the day and then give you loyal and faithful readers my unbiased report card.


Oh, according to a news report on Yahoo News, this almost 17 year old guy has a net worth of 65.5 million already.


So, on that happy note let me close with the usual --


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Rule makers rule while rule breakers break open another can of worms.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: