Monday, February 7, 2011

Billi Pod's Weekend Report


OMFG!! It is actually 43º out right now at noon in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, which is excellent because today is Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day.


Oh yes, time to breakout the shorts and Tee-shirts and perhaps turn on the AC later in the day. Spring is here already and Winter is over. Hooray!!


Wait ... just checked the forecast on my iPhone and “they” are predicting snow and a low of 15º for tomorrow. F**K!! Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true.


In yesterday’s posting I said that I would probably catch the movie TRUE GRIT in the afternoon. Well, I should have checked my daily log because I already had an Off-Broadway show scheduled for the afternoon.


So, I will now give Billi Pod’s report card on --


2:00-WHAT THE PUBLIC WANTS==>A<==very well written and performed comedy, first performed in 1909, about a London publishing mogul who will print whatever content he needs to sell his newspapers and “give the public what it wants.”


It is a little slow getting started but once it does it becomes very entertaining and although it was written back in 1909 the underlying (no pun intended) theme of news media pandering for increased circulation resonates even today.


Tonight I will meet up with John Scott Reed for dinner and a “catch-up” session. Scott is very very close to his 87yo Grandmother, who lives in Alabama, and she is undergoing major surgery today.


SCOTT==>Grandmother and her family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.


CONGRATULATIONS to The Green Bay Packers and MVP Aaron Rodgers for winning their 4th Super Bowl. Rodgers completed 24 of 39 passes for 304 yards and three touchdowns.


I thought the game was very exciting but why or why do they have to go to endless commercials every time the ball changes hands, there is a time-out, or there is a momentary pause in the action? It has gotten way way out of hand.


Unfortunately, the whores who run the NFL have sold their souls to the Advertising Devil behind those almost uniformly boring commercials.


And, don’t get me started on the half-time show. Actually, in the name of fair and biased reporting I have to reveal that I didn’t watch ANY of the half-time show. Yep, the TV was on mute the whole time.


Christina Aguilera’s malfunction while singing The National Anthem was inexcusable and her rendition was, in my humble opinion, puke-inducingly bad.


How about this, my loyal and faithful readers==>A national movement called:


"Stop Butchering Our National Anthem At All Sporting Events - Sing It Like It's Written."


Think about it!


And on that positive note I will now post this and head out into balmy outdoors to begin my errands and stuff, but first ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“Many doctors prescribe Tampax for migraine headaches.”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: