Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday==>Remembering Pearl Harbor

It is another cold day in the Big Apple but at 8:30am this morning it was actually colder in Bartow, FL, and Columbia, SC, than it was up here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City in the World.


For a multitude of reasons Billi Pod’s errands took longer yesterday than usual. Just glad they all got done.


Report card on last night’s THE EXTRAORDINARY ORDINARY==>A. I didn’t know it was a musical until I got to the theater. The cast is excellent and the music is terrific. The story line about the interlocking lives of 5 early 30s friends in NYC is very believable. If you have the opportunity==>see this.


On December 7, 1941, I was 7 years old, living with my father-Bill Sr., mother-Ruby, and younger sister-Ann, in Winter Park, FL. I was in the second grade. I remember being very confused over why my parents were so upset. Later in the day Ruby explained to me what had happened, reassuring me that we would be OK.


The next day me and my neighborhood buddies, all guys around my age, got together and we promised each other that when we got old enough we would all join the Army and fight “those damn Japs.” Our use of the word “damn” was very daring on our part, trust me. From that day forward we played war games almost every day after school. One day we would defeat the Japs and the next day those Nazi’s. We always won.


Sometime old memories never die and that is good in this instance.


Moving on ... tonight’s entertainment event is -


7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Lincoln Center - Beethoven’s Symphony No. 2 and Mahler’s Das Knaben Wunderhorn. This is part of my 3 series subscription.


Will post this now. Have a routine followup appointment with my heart doctor to monitor my Coumadin level via a finger-prick.


So, my loyal and faithful readers, I will close with ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress)==>“Under no circumstances should tall people be mistaken for answers to crossword puzzles.”


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”


No comments: