Thursday, December 9, 2010

Billi Pod Says==>Bring on Spider-Man!!

On this Thursday in The Big Apple, The Greatest City in the World, it is bright and bitterly cold.


Unfortunately Billi Pod woke up this morning still feeling blah and his voice is very raspy and he is still sneezing and coughing. F**K!!


Of course, there is nothing to report about yesterday since I stayed in. I guess the only good part was finally getting around to posting the entertainment stats for the month of November for you loyal and faithful readers.


I have to admit that Billi Pod feels no better this morning about Urban Meyer’s decision to leave the Gators. He meant so much to our program, just as did Steve Spurrier during his tenure, that we cannot let ourselves slide down that slippery slope of bitterness and resentment.


So ... best of luck Urban!!


Tonight’s entertainment event --


8:00==>SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK. This 60M musical is directed by Julie Taymor and features a score by U2 rockers Bono and The Edge. It is in early previews, finally.


Had a ticket for a show scheduled about 2 weeks ago, but it was canceled due to “technical” difficulties. My seat is in the front orchestra and it has been suggested that I wear a helmet to protect myself from falling objects.


There is a lot of very negative buzz about the show on the net, especially on All That Chat http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/

and in the columns of Michael Riedel of The New York Post. Everyone seems to be circling the show with their talons out.


As a fair and unbiased reporter Billi Pod will see the show with his usual open mind and then report back to you loyal and faithful readers.


The Yankees are throwing a lot of moolah and years at Cliff Lee, maybe too much of both for a guy with a history of back problems (remember Carl Pavano??). Will he ultimately sign with us? I think so. Dammit, though, The Boston FuckSox just signed Carl Crawford. I had hoped he would end up with The Yankees.


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress)==>“Decoding the female psyche is more difficult than learning quantum physics taught in Gaelic.”


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

2 comments:

rap said...

“Decoding the female psyche is more difficult than learning quantum physics taught in Gaelic.” This is pretty funny! You continue to entertain the heck outta me.

Also, feedback on your November postings--I loved everyone of them--particularly, your reports from Paris and Normandy, which prompted me to make plans for Bruce and me to go to Paris and be in Normandy on Veterans' Day. I’m not sure he’s as excited as I am, but he’s the only veteran in our house, so he has to go.

Just remember, as it relates to the Gators, the tired old clichés: Ever dog has his day, behind ever cloud is a silver lining, if you stand by the road of life long enough . . ., and karma is a bitch. Just because the Gators got beat by Steve and Jimbo this year doesn’t meant it’s O-V-E-R, Billi Pod. It’s just time for Steve and Jimbo to bask in the sunshine for a reasonable period of time—maybe another five or six years.

Get well and keep the fair and unbiased reporting posted. rap

Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed wanorrisjr.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Hi there may I use some of the information here in this post if I provide a link back to your site?