Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Billi Pod Says==>Things Just Happen

As you know, my loyal and faithful readers, sometimes things just don’t work out as you expect. What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking?


Well, in a nutshell==>Billi Pod missed his much anticipated MESSIAH concert last night, because ...


My eye doc was WAY more concerned about my right eye and eye-lid swelling than I had been. She dosed me up with multiple mega-drops plus some icky gels and gave me a script for industrial strength antibiotics. She then scheduled a followup appointment for Friday.


When I got back to PHC after getting the script filled I looked in the bathroom mirror and I looked as if I had been punched in the face. I also felt like sh*t.


It was also freezing and windy out, the coldest day of the fall by far. I knew deep in my heart that it would be insane to even consider going out again, even for such an anticipated event so, sanity prevailed. Yes, that does occasionally happen in my lifestyle.


Billi Pod went online to the New York Philharmonic website and donated his ticket for resale. Then he used one of his flex tickets (free-one of the benefits of being a subscriber) and rebooked the concert for the 7:30pm performance on Saturday, with a seat in approximately the same location as his subscription series. So, all was not lost. Whew!


In the name of fair and unbiased reporting, the remainder of the day and evening was mega-blah, but Billi Pod had made the right decision, without question.


Still feel kinda strange this morning, but I have lots of things and stuff to do today, so I will just have to get over “it.”


Tonight’s entertainment event is:


8:15==>NEWSICAL THE MUSICAL-"No one in the news is safe! The group is back, lampooning current events, headlines, newsmakers, celebrities, and politicians.”


I always try to catch this show each time it is updated. It is playing at a theater on my block, so that is good too.


Have some Christmas stuff to do (not joking folks), so I will have to leave you loyal and faithful readers with ...


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“A seaman’s semen is usually aqua colored."


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”




No comments: