Saturday, December 11, 2010

Billi Pod’s Report Card on Spider-Man==>VOMIT!!

Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers. I have to say that, dammit to Hell==>Billi Pod still feels like sh*t - enough already with this dripping nose and raspy voice. Not as cold out today as yesterday and that is a blessing.


Yesterday, Friday, was a complete blah day even though I did get out and about for a bit but I won’t bore you with the details. Billi Pod stayed in yet another evening and he was, to put it mildly==>bored as Hell.


Although I did post on my FB Wall about my feelings regarding the Spider-Man musical I just couldn’t make myself sit down in front of this ‘puter and post on my blog. My bad.


Anyway, Billi Pod’s report card on SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK==>total bummer<==music and book suck and this comes from a major Bono/U2 fan. First 30 minutes of swinging/flying OK, then it becomes redundant. No tech. problems, thank God, although a couple of times stage hands were seen picking things up from the stage floor. My seat was 4th row in the orchestra to the side - very good, actually.


Act 1 is so-so, but, OMFG==>Act 2 is totally incomprehensible, made so by the addition (100% needless) of “Spider-Woman.” Someone squash that bitch.


In all honesty, unless you are familiar with the Spiderman story line there is no way you can understand what is going on. There is no build up to a climatic ending. In fact, when it is “over” the audience isn’t sure it is until the actors begin to appear for their curtain calls, to very tepid applause..


People around me looked bored and uneasy and kept looking at their watches. Not over till 11:00. Thank God Billi Pod had a discounted ticket.


The sad part, there ain’t no way to fix this piece of crap and this comes from someone who went into the show with an open mind, hoping all of the nay-sayers were wrong. Well, they weren’t because this show SUCKS!!!


On to other stuff --


Heisman Trophy prediction, shown at 8:00pm tonight on ESPN==>Auburn QB Cam Newton<==he will win and he should.


Tonight's entertainment event-


8:15==>HYSTERIA-“A man and a woman are on the most awkward dinner date of their lives. Caught in the middle is their mortified waiter, who is haunted by visions of global catastrophe.” At the 59th St. Theater, as you know, one of my favorite venues.


Let me close my bringing you loyal and faithful readers up-to-date on Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress)--


“E pluribus unum requires 2 teaspoons of Maalox and a partridge feather.”


“Underwater cameras can lead to urban myths.”


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”


No comments: